Made in USA and Free Shipping on all orders shipped inside the US.
Made in USA and Free Shipping on all orders shipped inside the US.

Thread: What is this indicator light?

Registered Member

2011 Mazda2 Touring 5spd

What is this indicator light?

Can anyone tell me what the white indicator light mean that looks like a gauge with the needle at 0? It is shown on page 5 of the Smart Start Guide but it is not described in the glossary. Mine just came on today and won't turn off. The car has been sitting for close to an hour with the windows up and doors locked. I went for a drive at 5:30 am this morning and it was not on. About an hour and a half ago I put the car up on ramps and it came on after getting the car on the ramps and has not turned off since. It did not come on at all yesterday.

Attached Images Attached Images

Registered Member

2011 Mazda2 Touring 5spd

I'm guessing it is a low fuel indicator and putting it up on ramps and tilting the vehicle caused a low fuel condition. The fuel level is low. But I would like if someone can confirm it is a low fuel indicator so I don't ignore something else. I also find it odd that it doesn't turn off when the vehicle is off and sitting for a while.

Registered Member

I suspect that has to do with cruise control.

Edit: After a bunch of searching, I can't figure it out either. Perhaps unplug/plugin the battery to see if it was a temporary/transient condition?
    Last edited by Snrub; 08-16-2019 at 04:28 PM.

Donated: $5

press the black button right next to it see if it goes off

Donated: $25

2018 Mazda CX-9 Signature

Does the 2011 Mazda2 have ambient light sensors, or an autodimming dash/gauge cluster feature? The close proximity to the Dashboard Illumination Adjustment Knob and the fact that the warning light is white makes me think that it's just an indicator that's telling you that the dash is in a "constant illumination" mode. Maybe try pressing the knob in or turning the knob all the way to the left/right to see if the indicator turns off or on.

EDIT: I have a similar looking indicator in my CX-9 that is for dash illumination.

Registered Member

2011 Mazda2 Touring 5spd

Pressing and turning the knob had no affect on the light. Can someone with a 2 confirm that theirs is either on or not on?

Donated: $40

Mazda

This is the nearest to that symbol that I can find. The Vehicle Speed Alarm Indication (Some Models). Click on it and it takes you to Cruise Control Set Vehicle Speed Display (Some Models)

From Here:
    https://owners-manual.mazda.com/gen/.../05020453.html
    Last edited by Natey; 08-17-2019 at 12:47 PM.
    NPOT (Norcal Protege Options Team)
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/335883...photo-gallery/

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by haze5736 View Post
    Can anyone tell me what the white indicator light mean that looks like a gauge with the needle at 0? It is shown on page 5 of the Smart Start Guide but it is not described in the glossary. Mine just came on today and won't turn off. The car has been sitting for close to an hour with the windows up and doors locked. I went for a drive at 5:30 am this morning and it was not on. About an hour and a half ago I put the car up on ramps and it came on after getting the car on the ramps and has not turned off since. It did not come on at all yesterday.

LOL 😂 that is the indicator showing the button to reset your dials. Every car has that. Pressing the button resets your average mpg and will begin calculating from the moment you press the button. I bought my car and it always said 39 mpg average. I pressed that button to reset it so it would calculate my mpg since buying the car. I get on average 45mpg with a low of 43 and a high of 49.9.