Turbo Logo?

Pitter

Pitter
Contributor
:
2020 CX-5 Signature Azul Metalico
I can't tell from the photos I've seen. Does the Signature say "Turbo" anywhere on the outside?

I can't tell from the photos I've seen. Does the Signature say "Turbo" anywhere on the outside?

The Signature says "Sg" and that's it. The GT-R is not badged. I kindof like that. Caught an IS250 off guard the other night and absolutely crushed it. I was kindof surprised until I looked up how slow they were.

I like that too. Makes it kind of a sleeper and the neighbors don't know what you have.

I like that too. Makes it kind of a sleeper and the neighbors don't know what you have.

Exactly, and it's not just a stupid cold air intake or exhaust like a NISMO 370Z or something. It's a whole 75hp/100+ pounds of torque! Legit surprise material, and given how noise-free the turbo is, totally stealth.

Caught an IS250 off guard the other night and absolutely crushed it.

A couple of days ago I was coming up to a stop light that's the end of our local business district. A hundred feet past the intersection the road narrows from two lanes to one so it's a common spot for impromptu tests of acceleration. There were three cars waiting in one lane and none in the other so naturally I pick the empty lane (something my wife won't do but that's another issue) and roll up trying to guess when the light will change. Timed it perfectly with my left foot still slowing the car and my right keeping the turbo spooled up. The other driver must have seen me coming but I was a full car length ahead before I heard his tires chirp on the crosswalk paint. I matted the go-pedal but he was already at my door halfway across the intersection. I kept it floored but the red sedan in the other lane had me by three lengths at the merge point. It was no contest. I was dumbfounded until I saw the big T and model S logo on his trunk. If he looked in his rearview mirror he would have seen me grinning and giving him a big thumbs up.

The Signature says "Sg" and that's it. The GT-R is not badged. I kindof like that. Caught an IS250 off guard the other night and absolutely crushed it. I was kindof surprised until I looked up how slow they were.

It is fun, isn't it?

Not having a badge can be fun for sure.
I bought a Nissan Sentra Se-R back in 2003, and other than the Se-R badge, there was no indication it had the 2.5 engine instead of the 1.8.
Back then it was a little pocket rocket. Stiffer suspension, better handling, and tons more power. Surprised a lot of people with that car.
I wish I still had that thing.
Nissan ruined the Sentra in 2007.

IN Canada, the SG badge doesn't exist at all.

In fact, if someone in the US was willing to look into how much it would cost to get one from a Mazda dealer down there, I'd be more than willing to send the cash for it + postage!

This cheapo badge looks like it matches the Skyactiv Blue color

s-l640.jpg

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

We don't need no stinkin' badges

2nd time this was quoted, first time was when someone was asking about the Sg badge on Canadian models not too long ago lol

Alfonso%20Bedoya%20as%20Gold%20Hat-8x6.jpg

I personally like this style instead..

HTB1AN4ii22H8KJjy1zkq6xr7pXae.jpg

But my first choice would be to leave it as is.

Last edited:
2nd time this was quoted, first time was when someone was asking about the Sg badge on Canadian models not too long ago lol

Alfonso%20Bedoya%20as%20Gold%20Hat-8x6.jpg

I personally like this style instead..

HTB1AN4ii22H8KJjy1zkq6xr7pXae.jpg

But my first choice would be to leave it as is.

Since we're discussing this, the word "stinkin'" was never said in the movie. That line has been embellished over the years.

And I agree with you...just leave the stinkin' badging alone.

Part of me would like something that says GTR on it to differentiate my car from the Sport trim, but as was said before, it's nice having a "sleeper." And damn few people are gonna know what a Mazda "Reserve" is. Half of American will think of a lake that holds their municiple water.

Last edited:
Back