Test drove a GTR this morning

I drive my 2017 GT on manual mode all the time. More fun than using the SPORT mode. Anybody who drove the GTR on manual mode and played hard with it?

This makes no sense. I will never understand this I guess.

Well, my Turbo gets much better mpg, I have much less issue overtaking people on country roads, and in general, the transmission shuffles a lot less cogs going up and down hills. It's just a much better match for a 3500+ pound vehicle.

Well, my Turbo gets much better mpg, I have much less issue overtaking people on country roads, and in general, the transmission shuffles a lot less cogs going up and down hills. It's just a much better match for a 3500+ pound vehicle.

Hope it gets better mpg than my wife's CR-V. You're right about the transmission, seemed smooth as silk.
Hopefully there will be a machine grey GTR sitting in my garage next to my 16 Touring in a few days.

You won't regret buying the GTR for a minute. Wait till you get to use all the "toys" that come with it. (cheers)

Hope it gets better mpg than my wife's CR-V. You're right about the transmission, seemed smooth as silk.
Hopefully there will be a machine grey GTR sitting in my garage next to my 16 Touring in a few days.

I drive my 2017 GT on manual mode all the time. More fun than using the SPORT mode. Anybody who drove the GTR on manual mode and played hard with it?

I have.

I live in a very rural area in the middle of Virginia, where you go down into ravines that make hard turns at the bottoms and wind the other way coming up the hill. I downshift into 3rd going downhill keep it wound out at 4,500+ coming back up. When I put my foot in it coming uphill and leveling off, the acceleration is crazy!!!

There is one stretch of road that has two of those ravines back-to-back. It's hard to not drive like that there.

Still wish it were a manual tranny...

Latest posts

Back