Parking my CX-5 on the street and then...

I thought you guys down South from Canada would behave much more... polite? Or more reasonably then usual over here? When I come down I usually do. Because the other guy/gal may naturally carry a gun, and this would put me in an extremely disadvantaged position. At any time! So I let EVERYTHING slide, no matter what it is, within reason. Better be safe then... well... dead. You never know how screwed the other party is...

yes very true...but i pick my battles, i saw the rear view mirror, it was a harmless old lady in her mid 50's, i frequently park in that area so i run into many home owners there.

I thought you guys down South from Canada would behave much more... polite? Or more reasonably then usual over here? When I come down I usually do. Because the other guy/gal may naturally carry a gun, and this would put me in an extremely disadvantaged position. At any time! So I let EVERYTHING slide, no matter what it is, within reason. Better be safe then... well... dead. You never know how screwed the other party is...

It's fun getting in the face of someone who is crazy and being crazier. You can literally see the wheels turn before they walk away. And he stopped yelling at the kids ;)
Sad to say, that's a dangerous game, these days.

I drive to work, very early (6:00) in the morning. Closer to work, there's a mile long, super wide road that has two lanes per side. I was driving my MX5 with the top down on one of those mornings and passed a guy in a large pickup truck (Hint: Some pickup drivers hate small vehicles.) who was in the right lane. When I stopped at the light at the main intersection, the guy pulled up along the side of me and started yelling at me like a madman. The guy looked to be in his early 30s at most. I guess he had expected me to apologize but I did the opposite - screamed at him as if I were even more of a maniac. Honestly, it was ridiculous that he would be upset that I passed him on an empty road at 6:00.
He immediately looked shocked as he stopped yelling, but as he pulled away, said something like "I'll squash you like a bug!" At that point, I burst out laughing. It became a memory I will not easily forget.

You got away with it that time, but what if that guy was carrying a gun in his truck (a possibility in California, I presume)?
As a Canadian driving in the U.S., I don't confront or get into a yelling match with anyone down there, especially someone in a pick up truck.
In Canada, I'm pretty sure I'm safe from some gun toting loonie, but in the U.S?, I back right off.

anyone who washes their own car has time on their hands.
I did it so i can convey the incident easier, it worked didn't it?
a whole 5 mins worth of sketching...that's a lot of time. =P

I sketch situations like that too. I took a Google Earth screen cap of an intersection I got hit and run at in February and drew the path of the cars, etc. for the insurance agents.

Back