Thread: Plug-n-play Dashcam Installation adapters

Registered Member
    Approved Merchant Member

Plug-n-play Dashcam Installation adapters

I'm pleased to introduce Dongar Technologies' plug-n-play dashcam adapter!

How does it work?
    This adapter shares the 12V source powering your rearview mirror. A step-down switching regulator with over-current protection provides 5V to a typical USB port. This adapter functions only when your ignition is switched on. If your dashcam has a power-on mode, it'll start up automatically with your car.

Is my vehicle compatible?
    This adapter will work with modern Mazdas with Homelink autodimming mirrors. Unfortunately it is not compatible with 'frameless' mirrors on the 'Signature' trim, but a version of that is in progress! Recent customers have installed these on MX-5, Mazda 3, Mazda 6, CX-5 and CX-9!!!

How do I purchase one?
    A limited quantity of these adapters are available for direct sale for $24 shipped via USPS first class. These will be made-to-order and need 2-3 days processing time to ship out. Each adapter sold directly on Mazdas247 will be individually tested for fit and function and has a 100% money-back guarantee. It is also available on Amazon. Navigate to our webpage here to read more about em: https://www.dongartechnologies.com/

More pics:

Registered Member

2016 Mazda CX-5 GT

I want to say how pleased I am with this adapter. Installed on my 2016 GT. Running a Rexing V1 dash cam it works perfectly. Saved a boat load of time and effort over hard wiring the unit. The camera powers on when the vehicle is started and powers off when vehicle powered off. Works like it should. Highly recommend.

Registered Member

Plug n play Dashcam Installation adapters

Wondering if there are any plug and play apple car play head units for the 17 Toyota 86? I also want to wire the back up camera from displaying on the mirror to the headunit itself.