2017~2024 Chemical Guys Polish

erck33

:
2017 CX-5 Touring AWD w/Preferred Package
Hey guys, I recently polished my car (2017 Cx-5) and my girlfriend's car (2012 Ford Taurus) using Chemical Guys V36 & V38 polish. While polishing, sealing and waxing her car I had absolutely no issues with the V36 & V38. But when I used the V36 & V38 on my car the polish Stuck to the paint..... To answer a few questions you'll have; rotary polisher, polishing pads primed.

The results for both cars were WONDERFUL, this was the first time doing a multi stage polish.

Are you stating there was a problem with the Polish sticking to the paint?

V36 & V38 should not be sticking to the paint as Polish is designed to smooth the surface by wearing away at the surface.

If you had concerns as there was difference in application compared from car to car, were you using a different set of pads from car to car? If no, your pads could have build up from the first car causing performance issues on the 2nd despite the final results.

If you run your hand over both paints - if you feel a rough surface maybe that could cause it to stick. The car should be washed and clayed before paint correction.

If you run your hand over both paints - if you feel a rough surface maybe that could cause it to stick. The car should be washed and clayed before paint correction.

This, also were you out in the sun, or otherwise in a hot environment at all?

Check out Apex Detail on youtube, you will learn the proper steps and Brian (owner) will guide you with some choices. It is a process but well worth it. My 2019 Touring with 6 layers of ceramic/sio2...

20200908_170614.jpg

Back