In Memory of Member 1338
In Memory of Member 1338
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: cooling fan not working mazda 5 2.0 2006

Registered Member

2010 Mazda 5 Sport

Might want to ask a diesel forum and see what they think from the video...VW forum maybe? They may have some tricks on narrowing down the issue.

Registered Member Silentnoise713's Avatar

2008 Mazda5 Grand Touring; 2009 Honda Fit Sport/Nav MT

Quote Originally Posted by popeye4th View Post
    UPDATE:
    Bought a obd scanner had it plugged in to test the coolant temperature and today temp went to 100c and fan kicked in so thats kind of good but for some reason the revvs was 1000 and back to 750 up and down and out the back white or gray smoke not too sure but it looked like an Indian doing smoke signals. any recommendations to what it might be. I've been reading on mazda site something about when you do any work on mazda like oil change or changing sensors you have to reset the ecu is this true?
    so far I've changed
    oil
    oil filter
    diesel filter
    air filter
    cleaned the sensor on the air filter
    new temp sensor
    new thormastat
    new fan control unit
    I've tried look for the PCV to see if this is the problem also someone on another post said about glow plugs causing smoke and the relay. i know from experience glow plugs heat the car when its cold so it starts.
    my coolant and oil are fine no leaks. air pipes are good no rips. car has good power. its not steam.
    I've ordered a block tester to see if i have head gasket leaks but ill updat on that. thanks for any info.
    Disclaimer: I have no experience with diesels.

Is the block tester the same as a leak-down tester to determine if cylinders are holding pressure? This would give you an indication.

did quick google "diesel white smoke idle" and it seems it could be injectors - didn't know diesel injectors are crazy expensive.
    Last edited by Silentnoise713; 08-26-2019 at 12:09 PM.
    Stuff for sale:
    YellowSpeed DPS Coilovers - cheap

^http://www.wingood.com/flagselect.asp

My Thread
    ^http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showt...oise713-Thread

Registered Member

Update again
    i got one of them gasket testers and the blue liquid changed from blue to green which indicates head gasket problems. plus the two pipes coming from the intercooler behind the wheel arch have loads of oil in them so what are my options for getting a refund from the trader he never gave me a recipe.

Registered Member

2009 Mazda 5 GT

Did you buy it privately or from a dealer?
    Dealer, call them up and ask nicely what they can do for you.
    Privately, the responsibility is on you to inspect the car beforehand for any problems. Probably not going to get anything back unless they misrepresented the car.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by alawat82 View Post
    Did you buy it privately or from a dealer?
    Dealer, call them up and ask nicely what they can do for you.
    Privately, the responsibility is on you to inspect the car beforehand for any problems. Probably not going to get anything back unless they misrepresented the car.
    motor company but i messaged him and he's not replying. i did ring his number on the 15th but his dad answered and said he would ask his mechanic but he's still not got back to me. he said he told me no warranty was given i said you didn't tell me so he probably known something was wrong with it. problem is on Wednesday it'll be 30 days since i bought it and after that cant get my money back.

Registered Member

just used a block tester and the blue turns green. am also worried about the oil in the intercooler pipes going to the turbo.

Registered Member

2010 Mazda 5 Sport

You in the UK? You'll need to see what the laws are.

In the US, it's mostly "Buyer Beware" and most used cars are sold "as is"...but if you can show that the seller knew about a bad problem but still still advertised the car as having "no engine problems", you would have some wiggle room.

You will probably have to go down there and demand they fix the head gasket as they obviously knew about it.

Edit: Oh, and just for reference. Used car dealers hate going to court, because they usually lose...so I wouldn't be afraid to at least tell them that would be your next option if they are not willing to make it right. But give them the chance first though.
    Last edited by negusm; 08-26-2019 at 09:13 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12