Issues Getting Android Auto to work on new (2019) Mazda CX-5 GTR

gwhgwh

:
CX-5 Grand Touring Reserve 2019
Hello,

I'm new to this forum and to Mazda. I just purchased a CX-5 GT Reserve and I'm having issues with Android Auto (AA). I've searched the forum (and the web) quite a bit but most treads have been about adapting older vehicles to the AA technology. My situation SHOULD be more straightforward since my AA came factory installed. I installed the app on my smartphone and the salesman tried to set everything up, but it took 2-3 tries and after running just a bit, the app bombed out. I told him I'd look into it (he clearly was not an expert). I've had a similar experience at home.

I'm not a tech expert but I can speculate that the issues are likely with 1) Smartphone compatibility, 2) connecting Cable or 3) possibly software/firmware, etc. I'm a bit surprised I've been unable to find a list of phones that do and/or do not work with AA. If you are aware of such a list, please advise.

I have a Moto 5G (by Lenovo) running Android 8.1.0 It's not a flagship phone for sure, but not an antique either. I used a good quality charge/data cable for hookup. And again, I got it to work for a bit, but not for long.

If anyone has a new Mazda and has Android Auto performing well I'd be very interested to know what phone you are using. And if you had to make any adjustments to your phone, your firmware, etc. I'd love to know that as well. I'm not adverse to buying a new phone, but I'd sure like to buy one with a solid track record for working in a Mazda-installed AA system. Thank you for reading this and any insights you might provide.

Regards,

We have a Moto Z2 and a Z3. Both work fine using a cable that came with one of them. Have you tried a different cable, or uninstalling and reinstalling the AA App?

2019 GT w/PP and Samsung Note 8 with Oreo 9.0 here. Updated to the latest firmware 70.00.335. No issue here. Even with previous firmware, I didn't have issue. Try different cables and make sure to plug the AA USB port, not charging port.

We have a Moto Z2 and a Z3. Both work fine using a cable that came with one of them. Have you tried a different cable, or uninstalling and reinstalling the AA App?

Thank you for your response. I've ordered a new high-quality cable; I'll try that and the app reinstall next. Thanks again.

Thanks for your helpful response. I'll give it another try with your insights.

Back