Engine swap pls help!

Estabon

:
06 Mazda 6
So I just bought a 06 Mazda 6 and I was told when I bought it that the guy put a 2010 Mazda 3 motor in it. The 06 Mazda 6 stock has a 2.3L and the 2010 Mazda 3 has a 2.5. Now for one I'm not 100% sure what motor is in it and I need to know. There*s a 2.5 stamped on the block but not 100%. When I purchased the car the clutch was slipping(taking extremely long to get into each gear and severely lacking acceleration. Because the motor swap I am unsure which clutch kit to purchase.

Any help would be so very greatly appreciated...

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 472
  • 0522C2B0-2AE6-43AB-AC23-5BAC464DA71F.jpeg
    0522C2B0-2AE6-43AB-AC23-5BAC464DA71F.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 487
  • 0BA522E8-F208-4761-BA07-97F58E2082CC.jpeg
    0BA522E8-F208-4761-BA07-97F58E2082CC.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 581
Last edited:
Hello again and welcome...Glad you got your post up...If possible, posting some pics of your engine bay (you can add them to your original post) might help those most familiar with this sort of swap in assisting you...Hope you find the information you're looking for...Good luck!

Almost 500 views and not one person tried to help

Hello again and welcome...Glad you got your post up...If possible, posting some pics of your engine bay (you can add them to your original post) might help those most familiar with this sort of swap in assisting you...Hope you find the information you're looking for...Good luck!

So almost 500 ppl have viewed this thread and not 1person has even attempted to help. ANY SUGGESTIONS?

Embedded the pics in your post for you so it's easier to see...Hope someone comes to the rescue here...

What I would do is to pull the clutch and take it to the auto parts store/dealer to compare.

Are the transmissions for a 2.3 and 2.5 the same?

What I would do is to pull the clutch and take it to the auto parts store/dealer to compare.

I am unsure of how to find out. Thank you so much for even attempting to help. I am really hoping to get the car going before snow hits. I did not want to have to take the transmission apart and pull the clutch until I had the part to replace but I guess Im gonna have to do that. I have done almost everything when it comes to fixing a vehicle, but never done a transmission.. any tips or advice is gold. Again thank you so much for taking your time to help me. It really means a lot to me

Also was not looking forward to buying a chilton/Haynes for both models but I guess I*d better..

Thanks for chiming in...Agree, you're going to have to replace the clutch anyway so you can take that opportunity to find out what clutch was used and the type of transmission...There's got to be a serial number or some sort of identification on the transmission...Better to make sure before purchasing a new clutch!

I am unsure of how to find out. Thank you so much for even attempting to help. I am really hoping to get the car going before snow hits. I did not want to have to take the transmission apart and pull the clutch until I had the part to replace but I guess Im gonna have to do that. I have done almost everything when it comes to fixing a vehicle, but never done a transmission.. any tips or advice is gold. Again thank you so much for taking your time to help me. It really means a lot to me
Hello. I'm in the process of completing a 2.5 swap on my 2.3 Mazda 5.
If the car has a 5 spd then mostly likely it is the stock trans which would mean you need the stock clutch pressure plate flywheel. The beauty of the swap is the bell housing/block is the exact same on the 2.0 2.3 and 2.5. Also look into throwing that plastic throw out bearing that comes with the clutch kit in the trash and order one for a 2.5 (I put '11 in) car and the '11 2.5 clutch fork. The fork is larger to support the fatty NSK all steel bearing for the 2.5L, though the rest of geometry is the exact same.

Back