Maintenance Procedures, Milage?

Pitter

Pitter
Contributor
:
2020 CX-5 Signature Azul Metalico
What are the major maintenance operations apart from oil change and checking this and that, and at what milage?

What are the major maintenance operations apart from oil change and checking this and that, and at what milage?

Brake fluid must be changed every 2-3 years

apparently that is not in (some) Mazda literature

Tires must be replaced after 6 years past the date code on the sidewall NO MATTER HOW MUCH TREAD IS ON THEM

* these are both very important safety issues

Brake fluid must be changed every 2-3 years

apparently that is not in (some) Mazda literature

Tires must be replaced after 6 years past the date code on the sidewall NO MATTER HOW MUCH TREAD IS ON THEM

* these are both very important safety issues

How can you visually tell when the Brake Fluid needs to be changed? My 17' has 20k miles. I thinking pretty soon then? I do all of my service at Mazda if that helps.

How can you visually tell when the Brake Fluid needs to be changed? My 17' has 20k miles. I thinking pretty soon then? I do all of my service at Mazda if that helps.

Visual test would just be for the brake fluid level in the reservoir. You need to get a little meter that can read moisture content in the brake fluid. 2% or more moisture, replace it. Usually replacing every couple of years should be sufficient.

Last edited:
Visual test would just be for the brake fluid level in the reservoir. You need to get a little meter that can read moisture content in the brake fluid. 2% or more moisture, replace it. Usually replacing every couple of years should be sufficient.

So, it's probably about time on my 2017 GT, eh?

My Mac computer is screwed up and I have to use an on screen keyboard which I forget to use sometimes.

Back