New Model Release Date S.A. vs U.S.

Pitter

Pitter
Contributor
:
2020 CX-5 Signature Azul Metalico
Some have questioned my use of "2020" when describing the car I am purchasing. I am in South America and if you google "2020*Mazda CX 5" you will see results from Peru, Colombia etc. I am curious to know why the 2020 model appears to available in this region but not yet in the US. Something to do with marketing?

do you physically own your car? or is it being made?....i'm going to guess it's a per basis marketing tactic.
In the US. there are some manufactures already releasing 2020 models, Mazda isn't one of them yet.

No I don't have the car in my possession. It is in Bogota to be shipped down here to Cali sometime in August I'm told. The cars arrive at the port city of Buenaventura on the Pacific coast then are shipped to Bogota to be distributed through out the country. Since Buenaventura is only a two hour drive from Cali I don't know why they don't just ship some direct from the dock...but not for me to know.

Anyway as Sig cx-5 posts there are many advertised as 2020 models already for sale here. From what I'm reading there are no differences at all between the 2020s and the 2019s so maybe it is just a marketing strategy.

I wanted to hold out for a 2020, purely for resale reasons, but I ended up buying a April 2019 production 2019 model (Lease, I am not sure if I will buy it out of the lease). I am curious to what the production date of your 2020 CX-5 will be.

Probably June/July for his model. Different regions have a different year because of when Mazda introduces the car to that region's market.

Well, it still takes time for the vehicle to reach his dealer from Japan. I would be very, very surprised to see a July production date.

Yeah, it is pretty arbitrary. I imagine the timing in each market partially depends on levels of dealer inventory.

Back