2019 CX-5 Signature, Seat discomfort?

Im shocked to hear anyone thinks theyre comfortable. If my waste and hips were any wider(which theyre not to begin with - I wear a 32), I would be sitting ON top the bolsters.

Also, the seat base is short. There is a 1 gap between the end of the seat and the back of my knee.

Definitely different strokes. I think my 2018 CX-5 GT has the most comfortable seats of any car I've owned. Isuzu, Mercedes, Infiniti, Acura, Nissan, Honda. All sedans except the 97 Nissan Hardbody pickup.

The armrest locations are trash though :)

The issue is with the leather seats in the Reserve/Signature. They are tiny. And they are hard.

I*m shocked to hear anyone thinks they*re comfortable. If my waste and hips were any wider(which they*re not to begin with - I wear a 32), I would be sitting ON top the bolsters.

Also, the seat base is short. There is a 1* gap between the end of the seat and the back of my knee.

I tell you what's weird.

There was a thread on this subject where we got to a level of TMI regarding height/weight/morphology.
While the seats seem to be undersized, those who found them most uncomfortable were skinny guys like us.

If you've gone through the manual's steps for seat adjustment, you might wish to pay particular attention to sitting dead center behind the steering wheel. I've always leaned to the right for some reason. As I mentioned earlier, holding the wheel at 9 and 3 (versus 10 and 2) has helped keep me there.

And as I have also mentioned before, I cannot believe so much time and effort has been devoted to something so stupid (meaning how can seats cause so much distress?) I have never, ever in my entire life had a vehicle with such uncomfortable seats, much less have to read the manual to figure out where they should be positioned. What sucks is I don't really like leather. Given a choice, I would have had cloth seats in my Reserve.

I*m shocked to hear anyone thinks they*re comfortable. If my waste and hips were any wider(which they*re not to begin with - I wear a 32), I would be sitting ON top the bolsters.

Also, the seat base is short. There is a 1* gap between the end of the seat and the back of my knee.

I'm shocked to hear anyone thinks the seats are uncomfortable.

I answered this before, but my waist is 33 and inseam 34-36. I have no issue with the seats, as far as comfort goes. Neither does my wife, who is a foot shorter than me. She just doesn't have access to the center console armrest like I do. I would like if they could go back a few inches more, but I feel that way in a lot of vehicles.

I solved my CX-5 seat comfort issue by getting rid of my CX-5. I was advised by a doctor then a physical therapist that I was at risk of developing a permanent sciatic nerve pain issue because of what the seat side bolster was doing to me.

Interestingly enough I checked out the seat of a 2019 and Mazda has removed the hard wedge shaped bit of foam in the left side bolster that was causing me this pain. It's still on the right side, which is even more interesting, but it seems the left is the dominant trouble spot. Clearly I'm not the only person to have this issue if they made a change to it for later models.

C'e la vie. I liked the way my Mazda looked and drove (at least when it wasn't cold outside anyway) but deal breakers are deal breakers. I would advise anybody having pain issues from this seat design to not ignore them, because if it is pinching a nerve you won't "get used to it" and are at risk of developing real medical issues because of it.

Unless you previously owned a '17 like I did there would be none to be aware of. This change was made for MY '19. I checked an '18 seat at the height of my issues with this and found it identical to mine.

Unless you previously owned a '17 like I did there would be none to be aware of. This change was made for MY '19. I checked an '18 seat at the height of my issues with this and found it identical to mine.

Just out of curiosity, you're saying that the leather seats changed from one MY to another?

I initially test drove a 2018 GT and purchased a Reserve when the turbo came out. I hate these seats...mostly because I dislike leather in general. If I had been given a choice, I would have opted for cloth.

I'm still trying to adjust, but unlike you, my problem is with my right side.

MAZDA needs to review some good seats like those in a Volvo and redesign accordingly. JMO. Ed

One more positive vote. It's the most comfortable seat I've ever had in a car.

I*ve had a 17, 18 and 19. Don*t ask!

One more positive vote. It's the most comfortable seat I've ever had in a car.

People's preferences vary widely. I don't like a couch, or mattress that swallows me. I don't want to sink into something when I sit down.

I like the side bolsters, firm back and lumbar support. I like the headrest that will support my head if I lean back. I hate bean bags. I sleep on a firm mattress.

I don't spread my legs wide while I'm driving. I like that the chair keeps me centered.

The CX5 doesn't need small seats with high hard bolster to hold the driver in, like a 0.9 g cornering sports car. The competitors have figured this out and have comfortable touring type seats that allow some movement over a 3 hour driving stint. Ed

The CX5 doesn't need small seats with high hard bolster to hold the driver in, like a 0.9 g cornering sports car. The competitors have figured this out and have comfortable touring type seats that allow some movement over a 3 hour driving stint. Ed

I find it more comfortable for hours than other cars.

Different strokes for different folks I suppose. I find the cx-5 's firmer seats actually help my back on longer trips by offering support. When I drive the company's Hyundai Sonatas for traveling to our different facilities I find the cushy cloth seats to be initially very comfortable but my back is screaming after a 5 hour drive and no seat adjustment has ever helped.

i al also a large person. 65. 250 lb. I like everything about the CX5 but the seats. I obtained some very firm foam (from a very old military Jeep cushion) about 2in. Thick. I cut it to just fit between the bolsters. I can now drive all day comfortably.

The trouble with bucket seats is not everyone has the same size bucket.

Back