Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2019 CX-5 Signature, Seat discomfort?

Gen-1 Kodo Design 👌 ColoradoDriver's Avatar
    Donated: $5

2014 CX-5 Touring AWD

Quote Originally Posted by erhayes View Post
    I hope the 2020 seats are better than my 2014 seats which are good for no more than about one hour driving. Ed
    I can go all day in my 2014 seats. The 2019 GT I drove? Not a chance.
    2014 CX-5 Touring AWD 2.5L | Jet Black Mica - 84k miles
    01/2013 build | 4/20/2013 delivery

Registered Member

2019 CX-5 Touring FWD

Quote Originally Posted by shadonoz View Post
    The thing is, one size does not fit all....
    Indeed - though I havenít encountered this issue with any of the other vehicles that Iíve driven in the past 20+ years, which is why it seems a little odd. The seats seem to have a narrow margin for error. Itís either just right...or really off. Not a lot of flexibility in between. Still, the rest of the vehicle definitely makes up for it, and Iíve kinda adjusted to the feel over time, which helps.

Registered Member

Hey All,

Have had my CX-5 for three months and love everything about it except the driver*s seat. The pain occurs mostly in the thigh area after about 30 minutes. I*m not overweight and have never had this happen with any other car. I*ve tried many different seating positions and cushions, etc. I don*t know if it*s simply the firm bolsters or the actual bottom of the seat itself. The portion where your butt sits is fairly soft as is the front of the seat. The portion between those two is thin and very firm. That seems to be the location of the discomfort. It seems firmer on the driver*s side as compared to passenger side. Such a disappointment since it*s a great car.
    Last edited by DJM65; 08-11-2019 at 06:58 PM.

Donated: $10

Mazda CX-5 FWD Touring

The really good seats seem to be wide enough to accommodate most all butts, no bolsters that encroach too much and, offer some leg support. Mazda seats seem to favor a narrower segment of the driving population. I love my 2014 except for the seats and am looking to replace it with a 2020-2021 model years Signature. The seats need to be comfortable or they may break the deal. Mazda should investigate some seats from VOLVO and other up scale vehicles. JMTs. Ed

Registered Member

2019 Cx-5 sport

I'm tall and thin and these seats on the 2019 sport are very uncomfortable

I don't like how the seat locks you in.. among other things...

My test drive was only about 20 minutes long or so.........
    a lot of negatives didn't show up until after I bought it....

My main concern is about the cylinder deactivation problem and 'fix' .......

So, won't sink any more money into this cx5 and may have to trade it in on something
    else in a year or two..........

Registered Member

2019 CX-5 Signature; 2014 CX-9 Touring AWD

Iím 6í0Ē, 290 lb, and the seat suits me just fine. Itís not a question of body type.

Registered Member

Mazda CX-5 Signature

Quote Originally Posted by shadonoz View Post
    The thing is, one size does not fit all....
    ^^ Exactly!

I find the seats in our CX-5 very comfortable and so does my wife. We are very different physically. I'm 6'4" and my wife is 5'2". The seats in the Sig are 10x more comfortable than our old CR-V (to us).

2017 CX-5 GT AWD Tech

Quote Originally Posted by joemazdacx5 View Post
    I don't like how the seat locks you in.
    And I wish it would lock me in MORE!

Registered Member

'16.5 JBM CX-5 AWD GT tech, '19 Veloster N

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoDriver View Post
    Don't think that's the issue. My Gen 1 seats have noticeably more aggressive bolstering, but I found the 2019 GT far more uncomfortable.
    ^^This..and one size doesn't fit all true that but why do ppl particularly owners almost always say "Infinity"..fk sake!
    247 community defender of: gen1 steering, styling, seats and gated shifter, compression ignition, rwd, Asian twins, winter tires, manual: tailgates, transmissions, ebrakes, also liquid silver and Lawson's Liquids FTFW!

1983 Toyota Celica GTS 5MT
    1984 Toyota Supra 5MT- oh what a feelin!
    1991 Toyota MR2T 6MT- Awesome
    2002 MB C230 Coupe 6MT- 1st new car(chosen over GTI)- good until gremlins
    +enter bad driveway
    2006 Acura TL 6MT (shortest ownership by far 1year of tq steer&driveway fails>enough)
    2007 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L -It didn't break
    2009 BMW 128i 6MT - End of the old-school bimmers- should have kept.. wanted 4drs
    2014 Mazda CX-5 AWD GT - Solid vehicle sans brakes..few issues @90k+
    2015 BMW X1 RWD Msport - Liked it, fast and still did donuts, e-steering=fail
    2019 Hyundai Veloster N- 6MT or bust bitch (love that)fun/dollar untouchable right now
    2016.5 CX-5 AWD GT - Stickin w/swoop, wheel upgrade, really just wanted to ape 7ereg

2017 CX-5 GT AWD Tech

Quote Originally Posted by leeharvey418 View Post
    Iím 6í0Ē, 290 lb, and the seat suits me just fine. Itís not a question of body type.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sig cx-5 View Post
    I find the seats in our CX-5 very comfortable and so does my wife. We are very different physically. I'm 6'4" and my wife is 5'2". The seats in the Sig are 10x more comfortable than our old CR-V (to us).
    So if it's not size, what is it?!

Registered Member

2019 CX-5 Reserve Eternal Blue

Central Virginia, USA...the winding rural part
    As others have said, nearly 50 years of driving all sorts of vehicles, and these are the first seats to cause me significant discomfort.

I posted before that the manual gives detailed instructions on how to adjult the seats/driving position. It is the first time I have ever had to follow such directions, but it makes a difference.

This is the first vehicle I have ever had where I've had to pay specific attention to how I sit. I'm used to sitting far back and spreading out. That's never gonna happen in the Reserve/Signature CX-5 cockpit.

I'm 5'10" and 165#, but I believe this issue has more to do with shape and where specific parts of one's anatomy contact the seats than with size/weight.

Registered Member

Havenít had any pain caused by the seats in our Ď19 touring, but they arenít particularly comfortable. I feel like the cushioning on the middle of the seat (under-butt) is a bit softer, but thigh bolsters are harder, and the seat bottom is somewhat short.

Wouldnít mind swapping them out at some point...wonder if there is a compatible Mazda seat from another model that is more comfortable (3, 6, cx9)

Registered Member

I appreciate the seat discussion, I'm thinking of buying one and my budget was Sport-like so when I tried the cheapest model's seats recently on the lot, and turned to get out I was disappointed by feeling in my left thigh the underpinnings of the seat thru a very modest upholstery. That is I felt a steel bar right thru the seat, felt very cheap and portended a big hole there in a few years. Then I tried a GT and the seats were substantially firmer/harder, which I liked. Still haven't tried all the variations but initially not too surprising: cheap car, cheap seats!

Registered Member
    Donated: $25

Are the front seats in the 2019 CX-5 the same as in the CX-9?

The manual cloth seats are super comfortable. I like them as much as the leather seats and more than the leatherette seats, couldn't justify the extra cost of the higher trims.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast