Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2019 CX-5 Signature, Seat discomfort?

Registered Member

2019 CX-5 Reserve Eternal Blue

Central Virginia, USA...the winding rural part
    Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate View Post
    The manual cloth seats are super comfortable. I like them as much as the leather seats and more than the leatherette seats, couldn't justify the extra cost of the higher trims.
    I only wanted the turbo and the HUD.

I much prefer cloth seats. All these bundled extras sure do drive up the costs.

Registered Member

CX5 GT-R

Quote Originally Posted by Avoidin Deer View Post
    I only wanted the turbo and the HUD.

I much prefer cloth seats. All these bundled extras sure do drive up the costs.
    I like everything in my GT-R except I would have preferred a nice cloth interior vs. leather.

Registered Member

2018 CX5 SE-L Nav+ 2WD 2.2D 150hp Auto

Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium View Post
    I like everything in my GT-R except I would have preferred a nice cloth interior vs. leather.
    I still can't understand why Mazda don't make the cloth seats standard over all the trim levels and then charge extra for leather for those who really want it. (In all markets, not just the U.S.) It would bring the base cost cost down for each trim level, so a win,win for everybody surely? Mazda would probably sell more vehicles and the customer would pay less. Or is this all too logical? By the way from my test drives and experience of my 2013, 2016 and 2018 CX5 the cloth seats have always been more comfortable as the leather seats are too hard and gave me backache even on the test drive. (6 feet 2 and 220 pounds).
    The internet is a huge dumpster, you have to search hard to find the gold nuggets

Registered Member

cloth always stains...never liked it. Leather is so easy to clean

Gen-1 Kodo Design 👌 ColoradoDriver's Avatar
    Donated: $5

2014 CX-5 Touring AWD

Quote Originally Posted by randommike View Post
    I appreciate the seat discussion, I'm thinking of buying one and my budget was Sport-like so when I tried the cheapest model's seats recently on the lot, and turned to get out I was disappointed by feeling in my left thigh the underpinnings of the seat thru a very modest upholstery. That is I felt a steel bar right thru the seat, felt very cheap and portended a big hole there in a few years. Then I tried a GT and the seats were substantially firmer/harder, which I liked. Still haven't tried all the variations but initially not too surprising: cheap car, cheap seats!
    What you described for the Sport is the exact problem I had in the 2019 GT. The seat was bothering my left thigh quite a bit. I was trying to shift constantly and just wasn't having a good time.
    2014 CX-5 Touring AWD 2.5L | Jet Black Mica - 84k miles
    01/2013 build | 4/20/2013 delivery

Gen-1 Kodo Design 👌 ColoradoDriver's Avatar
    Donated: $5

2014 CX-5 Touring AWD

Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium View Post
    Cloth > Leather every time for me too. 6 1/2 years no stains on my cloth seats.

I'm sure it's better in modern cars with modern windshields these days, but was not a fan of leather seats in cars in the summer....or winter for that matter. Too uncomfortable unless equipped with seat A/C or warmer, but even then, gotta wait for it.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Registered Member
    Donated: $25

It*s gotta be leather for me. I*m never going back to a cloth interior.

some of you guys need to swap seats

Registered Member

2019 CX-5 Signature (previously 2016 CX-5 GT)

This thread brings to mind that tired & old but accurate saying "different strokes for different folks".......

Donated: $10

Mazda CX-5 FWD Touring

Some vehicles are noted for comfortable seats but, MAZDA is certainly not one of them. I wonder if part of the problem is the narrow interior which defines the shape of the seats. Ed

Registered Member

I drive my friends Mercedes GLC a lot and the seats are way more comfortable, but after 5 months in my reserve I*m beginning to like the seats more than I did at first. I will say after a long road trip I don*t experience any back discomfort.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by erhayes View Post
    Some vehicles are noted for comfortable seats but, MAZDA is certainly not one of them. I wonder if part of the problem is the narrow interior which defines the shape of the seats. Ed
    Yup.

I've commented that I like to sit far back and kind of spread out when I drive, unless it's a true sports car. Can't do that in the CX-5. For an SUV, the driver's cockpit sure feels enclosed. I will say that when I'm tearing through the winding country roads, I appreciate the feel of that small space.

It's interesting the things you don't notice when you take test drives, especially when you go some years in between buying new vehicles...not enough practice through the process.
    Last edited by Avoidin Deer; 08-13-2019 at 10:20 PM.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jonno21 View Post
    I still can't understand why Mazda don't make the cloth seats standard over all the trim levels and then charge extra for leather for those who really want it.
    I wonder if if might have something to do with Mazda's relatively low production and sales volume. Perhaps the factory cannot accommodate a ton of manufacturing variables, and dealers cannot carry enough cars to represent each variant.

One thing I noticed when shopping on the RAV-4 Build Your Own site was that Toyota had a TON of pre-packages with a bunch of different combinations of options, but none of those contained everything that I wanted. It really made my head spin.

Registered Member

2019 CX-5 Signature; 2014 CX-9 Touring AWD

Quote Originally Posted by Avoidin Deer;6656182One thing I noticed when shopping on the RAV-4 [I
    Build Your Own[/I] site was that Toyota had a TON of pre-packages with a bunch of different combinations of options, but none of those contained everything that I wanted. It really made my head spin.
    The thing that really puts me off of wanting to deal with Toyota is that they bundle packages and individual features into build types, and only distribute them to certain regions. If you're going to advertise a feature as being available, then it should be available anywhere without having to do a customized build.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    I'll thank you to kindly see yourself off of my lawn.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by leeharvey418 View Post
    The thing that really puts me off of wanting to deal with Toyota is that they bundle packages and individual features into build types, and only distribute them to certain regions.
    Yeh, I forgot about that.

I did find that to be kinda odd, but my Mazda is only the 3rd new vehicle I've bought (the other 2 were trucks, and the 20 years before that were used cars), so I'm not real familiar with how most manufacturers are. But I gotta think that offering regional options like that is not normal, except for perhaps climate-specific tires or something like that.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast