2019 CX-5 Signature, Seat discomfort?

The thing is, one size does not fit all....

^^ Exactly!

I find the seats in our CX-5 very comfortable and so does my wife. We are very different physically. I'm 6'4" and my wife is 5'2". The seats in the Sig are 10x more comfortable than our old CR-V (to us).

Don't think that's the issue. My Gen 1 seats have noticeably more aggressive bolstering, but I found the 2019 GT far more uncomfortable.

^^This..and one size doesn't fit all true that but why do ppl particularly owners almost always say "Infinity"..fk sake!(no)

Im 60, 290 lb, and the seat suits me just fine. Its not a question of body type.

I find the seats in our CX-5 very comfortable and so does my wife. We are very different physically. I'm 6'4" and my wife is 5'2". The seats in the Sig are 10x more comfortable than our old CR-V (to us).

So if it's not size, what is it?! (wow)

As others have said, nearly 50 years of driving all sorts of vehicles, and these are the first seats to cause me significant discomfort.

I posted before that the manual gives detailed instructions on how to adjult the seats/driving position. It is the first time I have ever had to follow such directions, but it makes a difference.

This is the first vehicle I have ever had where I've had to pay specific attention to how I sit. I'm used to sitting far back and spreading out. That's never gonna happen in the Reserve/Signature CX-5 cockpit.

I'm 5'10" and 165#, but I believe this issue has more to do with shape and where specific parts of one's anatomy contact the seats than with size/weight.

Havent had any pain caused by the seats in our 19 touring, but they arent particularly comfortable. I feel like the cushioning on the middle of the seat (under-butt) is a bit softer, but thigh bolsters are harder, and the seat bottom is somewhat short.

Wouldnt mind swapping them out at some point...wonder if there is a compatible Mazda seat from another model that is more comfortable (3, 6, cx9)

I appreciate the seat discussion, I'm thinking of buying one and my budget was Sport-like so when I tried the cheapest model's seats recently on the lot, and turned to get out I was disappointed by feeling in my left thigh the underpinnings of the seat thru a very modest upholstery. That is I felt a steel bar right thru the seat, felt very cheap and portended a big hole there in a few years. Then I tried a GT and the seats were substantially firmer/harder, which I liked. Still haven't tried all the variations but initially not too surprising: cheap car, cheap seats!

The manual cloth seats are super comfortable. I like them as much as the leather seats and more than the leatherette seats, couldn't justify the extra cost of the higher trims.

The manual cloth seats are super comfortable. I like them as much as the leather seats and more than the leatherette seats, couldn't justify the extra cost of the higher trims.

I only wanted the turbo and the HUD.

I much prefer cloth seats. All these bundled extras sure do drive up the costs.

I like everything in my GT-R except I would have preferred a nice cloth interior vs. leather.

I still can't understand why Mazda don't make the cloth seats standard over all the trim levels and then charge extra for leather for those who really want it. (In all markets, not just the U.S.) It would bring the base cost cost down for each trim level, so a win,win for everybody surely? Mazda would probably sell more vehicles and the customer would pay less. Or is this all too logical? By the way from my test drives and experience of my 2013, 2016 and 2018 CX5 the cloth seats have always been more comfortable as the leather seats are too hard and gave me backache even on the test drive. (6 feet 2 and 220 pounds).

I appreciate the seat discussion, I'm thinking of buying one and my budget was Sport-like so when I tried the cheapest model's seats recently on the lot, and turned to get out I was disappointed by feeling in my left thigh the underpinnings of the seat thru a very modest upholstery. That is I felt a steel bar right thru the seat, felt very cheap and portended a big hole there in a few years. Then I tried a GT and the seats were substantially firmer/harder, which I liked. Still haven't tried all the variations but initially not too surprising: cheap car, cheap seats!

What you described for the Sport is the exact problem I had in the 2019 GT. The seat was bothering my left thigh quite a bit. I was trying to shift constantly and just wasn't having a good time.

I like everything in my GT-R except I would have preferred a nice cloth interior vs. leather.

Cloth > Leather every time for me too. 6 1/2 years no stains on my cloth seats.

I'm sure it's better in modern cars with modern windshields these days, but was not a fan of leather seats in cars in the summer....or winter for that matter. Too uncomfortable unless equipped with seat A/C or warmer, but even then, gotta wait for it.

This thread brings to mind that tired & old but accurate saying "different strokes for different folks".......

Some vehicles are noted for comfortable seats but, MAZDA is certainly not one of them. I wonder if part of the problem is the narrow interior which defines the shape of the seats. Ed

Back