2017~2024 Tired of gas smell

kaor34

Hello, I bought a CX-5 2019 in April 2019.

The car started smelling like gas when I turned the car on around May and the o-ring tore apart around early June, and had to get it fixed.

It was fine after that, but now it starts smelling like gas periodically again and Im really worried that the same scenario will repeat again.

Do you think this is my car problem or Mazda itself? Im under warranty but I really do not want this to keep happening every few months. Anybody out there that can help me?

I'm not exactly sure but definitely near the injector part, I believe.
It started smelling so bad that I couldn't even drive it (I was embarassed and worried) in June.

Now, of course, it's not that serious, but I'm worried that it might escalate up to that point very quickly.

Of course I'm doing it, but just wanted to ask if anyone had the same issue
and wanted to know if anyone knows what the problem is.

If you're seriously looking for help from the folks here you're going to have to be WAY more descriptive with your issues.

"some o-ring tore near the injector part" is not going to cut it. If you had this repaired in the past then you should have an invoice with what work was done and what parts where replaced listed.

Last edited:
If you're seriously looking for help from the folks here you're going to have to be WAY more descriptive with your issues.

"some o-ring tore near the injector part" is not going to cut it. If you had this repaired in the past then you should have an invoice with what work was done and what parts where replaced listed.

Im gonna get the invoice from my workplace (left it there accidentally) on Monday and I will tell u what it is, sorry for the confusion :(

Furthermore, I have gas slipping out toward the vent tube back of my car (but not dripping) and making it wet periodically and I believe thats why there is a gas smell.

What vent tube? Could it be you are over-filling the gas tank and getting gas into the overflow tube?

Back