Extended Warranty

:
2021 Acura RDX
Hello,

Just wondering how many of you have purchased extended warranties for their 2019 GT-Rs and Sigs? I didnt for my 17, and havent had any issues (knock on wood). However, Im wondering if I should for the Sig.

Any thoughts? Im going to take my chances with the 17 GT

Thanks!

Nope, didn't get one. After many years of always purchasing them, I finally decided it was a waste. The vehicle we traded in was a 2010 CRV. We had an 8 year warranty, which just barely paid for itself at the end. The AC went out, which is common on that gen. It would have cost a little more than we paid for the warranty. Aside from that, the other 10+ new vehicles I've owned over the years never had any issues. I wish I would have invested it instead.

Nope, didn't get one. After many years of always purchasing them, I finally decided it was a waste. The vehicle we traded in was a 2010 CRV. We had an 8 year warranty, which just barely paid for itself at the end. The AC went out, which is common on that gen. It would have cost a little more than we paid for the warranty. Aside from that, the other 10+ new vehicles I've owned over the years never had any issues. I wish I would have invested it instead.

Where in IL are you located, Sig?

You think that extended warranty questions are a good post topic for the Infotainment section?

You think that extended warranty questions are a good post topic for the Infotainment section?

Lol no kidding. Posting this topic in the Infotainment section makes as much sense as posting CD, electrical, and infotainment issues and questions in the CX-5 General section... oh wait.. (silly)

OP, warranties are a gamble. Sometimes you end up using them, sometimes you don't. I know a few people with German cars who have never had any issues, while my mom's X3 carried a CEL that wouldn't go away, a moonroof that wouldn't close, and auto tilt-down reverse mirrors that wouldn't tilt back up. Similarly my dad's Highlander was great for the first 6 or 7 years, then it turned into a POS with paint bubbling/rust and oil consumption issues. You should think of buying a warranty not for the insurance, but for the peace of mind it provides (and aim to pay only what you feel that peace of mind is worth).

extended warranties are rarely worth it - that is how they make money on them

Cons. Reports has an analysis of this IIRC

Latest posts

Back