Light knocking nois with cold engine

Busa831

:
Cx5 2.2 GT-M awd
Hello,i drive a 2012 cx 2.2 diesel awd 175bhp with an automatic. Its a GTM line with 19inch wheels
Fantastic car and drives very well. I have the car for 1.5 month now.

I have a question just as the title says, when the engine is cold
And i start it and hold my foot on the brake, sometimes i feel a knocking in the brakepedal, there is also hear a slight knocking noise. When the blue light is of and the car is at operation temperature, its over.

Anyone sounds this familiar?

I live in the netherlands btw

With regards

Ok, but when the engine is warm, you can hear and feel nothing. Tomorrow i will do some tests with my dad with the engine undertray removed. And hope i can find something or at least the location where the noise is coming from.

Light knocking noise with cold engine

Hello,i drive a 2012 cx 2.2 diesel awd 175bhp with an automatic. Its a GTM line with 19inch wheels
Fantastic car and drives very well. I have the car for 1.5 month now.

I have a question just as the title says, when the engine is cold
And i start it and hold my foot on the brake, sometimes i feel a knocking in the brakepedal, there is also hear a slight knocking noise. When the blue light is of and the car is at operation temperature, its over.

Anyone sounds this familiar?

I live in the netherlands btw

With regards
Do you know what kind of engine oil you're using? For early diesel CX-5, have you checked your oil level? According those European and Australian diesel CX-5 owners, you have to use specific engine oil (more expensive) for your diesel.

I did some tests today, the noise is not coming from the engine, pistons injectors or something. Its seems like coming from the Brake servo pump. When i give some gas and hold my hand on the brake or the pump you feel a knocking in it. I understand there is a recall for the brake servo pump.

Back