Anyone running 245f/275r tires?

Went ahead and bought some wheels for our 19 awd touring that seemed too cool at the time, but am running into some tire size issues. Set is staggered and rears are 19x10, so it appears my only tire choices to keep same diameter all around would be 245/50/19 up front and 275/45/19 in back (originally planned on a 235/255 setup).

Anyone running such fat tires on a 2nd gen? How did it affect your fuel economy?

No idea on the fuel economy question, but Id suggest comparing the revs/mile rating of your front and rear tires and not trusting the number some online calculator spits out.

Didnt use online calculator...going off published diameter from manufacturer. The combo above is within 0.1 of each other. 235/55 and 255/50 are equally close, but 255 is too narrow for a 10 wheel. 235/55 and 265/50 is about 0.3 difference but again 265/50 is only allowed a maximum 9.5 wide wheel.

255 is too narrow for a 10 wheel.
God bless you. I was just reading some of my old threads, and remembering explaining to people that just because some idiot said that you cant put anything wider than a 225- width tire on a 7 wide wheel, doesnt make it true.

Anyway...

I doubt youd have any problems with that setup, fit-wise, anyway. Ive seen a few setups where people went stupid tall in addition to 275+ in width, and they made it work. I do have to reiterate, though (and dammit, Ill die on this hill) - matching tire diameter is all well and good, but what matters most is matching revs per mile rating.

Back