Tire Pressure issue

:
2018 Mazda CX-9 GT
have a 2018 GT, w/ stock Falken tires w/ about 15K on it. about 3 months ago i went around a corner (a little fast) the tpms light came on. turns out the right front tire pressure was low. it's come on twice since then. i've had the tire check and can't find any issues (nails / cuts / etc ). Could it be the seal between the rim & tire? I have the extended tire/rim warranty, would that be covered?

My 2 cents would be to:

1. Check and adjust tire pressure on all four tires in early morning after car has sat over night.
2. Press and hold the TPMS button on the left side console left of steering wheel for three seconds until it beeps.

How did you have the tire checked? Was it submerged in soapy water? I have never not found a leak with a bucket of soapy water.

Since the pressure was low, you have a leak somewhere...or is the light coming on when the tire is still at a good pressure?

My 2 cents would be to:

1. Check and adjust tire pressure on all four tires in early morning after car has sat over night.
2. Press and hold the TPMS button on the left side console left of steering wheel for three seconds until it beeps.

There is no TPMS button on the 2018+ models. The system changed to the direct TPMS system (sensors inside the wheels), so resetting the TPMS manually isn't required anymore.

How did you have the tire checked? Was it submerged in soapy water? I have never not found a leak with a bucket of soapy water.

Since the pressure was low, you have a leak somewhere...or is the light coming on when the tire is still at a good pressure?

If the TPMS light comes on while the tire pressure is good, it could be a faulty TPMS sensor. I would take it to the dealership, they should troubleshoot it for you under the warranty.

Yes, it could be a slow leak at the tire bead or it could be a leaky valve. Try tightening each valve first. Not too tight, just firm.

"I have the extended tire/rim warranty, would that be covered?" Don't ask us. You need to read your paperwork. I've never purchased the wheel & tire insurance. (It isn't a warranty, extended or otherwise.)

Back