Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Diesel CX5 has landed in the USA

Registered Member

ss

Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium View Post
    I get 28mpg on longer trips, and have more torque and way more horsepower, and gasoline is 50 cents cheaper than diesel per gallon where I live. Also, my vehicle cost 5k less than diesel and has 1 less turbo and no def system.
    ...and if something breaks or if the diesel has driveability issues, good luck finding a Mazda tech with training and experience to repair this new diesel engine along with the myriad of emission's systems. Why Mazda wanted to use their precious resources to bring this model to market is incomprehensible.

Donated: $8

2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech

Arrow Diesel CX5 has landed in the USA

Quote Originally Posted by davefr View Post
    ...and if something breaks or if the diesel has driveability issues, good luck finding a Mazda tech with training and experience to repair this new diesel engine along with the myriad of emission's systems. Why Mazda wanted to use their precious resources to bring this model to market is incomprehensible.
    Further, thereís overheating problem without any warning started happening on Mazdaís older SA-D diesels, especially in hot and humid countries. Mazda so far still canít provide the root cause, but can only replace the engine, sometimes under recall forced by local government. Mazda even opted to withdraw their popular CX-5 diesel from the market to prevent further loss for fixing this overheating problem under recall.

Registered Member

CX5 GT-R

Quote Originally Posted by davefr View Post
    I think they were in too far before the BS broke, and they just threw good money after bad.

i-ACTIV AWD Aficionado Kedis82ZE8's Avatar
    Donated: $25

'15 CX-5 GT AWD w/tech

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CX-5um View Post
    Trying to own my land/property outright in the next few years. Dave Ramsey FTW!
    Good plan. Wife and I live debt free. Have 3 properties free and clear. I haven't paid interest on anything for years now. I did do the 0% interest on the CX-5 but pay cash for everything else. Last vehicle ('12 GX 460 in March 2017) purchased was cash. There is a lot of life comfort without debt and hope others here can achieve the same goal. Wife and I always try to live as if one income was lost and planning for an early retirement.
    '15 CX-5 GT 2.5L w/tech package - 50K Miles - https://www.oemvehicleparts.com/ (30% off "shipping" with code "MAZDAS247")

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Kedis82ZE8 View Post
    Good plan. Wife and I live debt free. Have 3 properties free and clear. I haven't paid interest on anything for years now. I did do the 0% interest on the CX-5 but pay cash for everything else. Last vehicle ('12 GX 460 in March 2017) purchased was cash. There is a lot of life comfort without debt and hope others here can achieve the same goal. Wife and I always try to live as if one income was lost and planning for an early retirement.
    Debt-free is very nice. But honestly it's hard to do nowadays for youger generation. We can easily get a house for $100K back to old days, but now it's $500K in Texas, and at least $1M or $2M+ (with good school district) in Bay Area!

Registered Member

CX5 GT-R

Quote Originally Posted by yrwei52 View Post
    Debt-free is very nice. But honestly it's hard to do nowadays for youger generation. We can easily get a house for $100K back to old days, but now it's $500K in Texas, and at least $1M or $2M+ (with good school district) in Bay Area!
    My house and land togather ran me about $250k.

Arrow

My house and land togather ran me about $250k.
    You're lucky you can do very well in Louisiana. But most good jobs for high-tech are in Bay Area. Young people with that skill most likely have to go to Silicon Valley to find a job even though the housing is so expensive there.

Registered Member

CX5 GT-R

You're lucky you can do very well in Louisiana. But most good jobs for high-tech are in Bay Area. Young people with that skill most likely have to go to Silicon Valley to find a job even though the housing is so expensive there.
    I live in Missouri. Also, point taken about jobs dictating location, which is part of why I chose the path I did.

Registered Member

2019 CX-5 Reserve Eternal Blue

Central Virginia, USA...the winding rural part
    I have often lamented that jobs in this country are so highly aggregated around a few geographies.
    Availability of work is what kept me in the DC area my entire work life.

One would think that high rents and even higher salaries would naturally drive dispersal, aided by technology.
    I'm still shocked that basic economics has not driven this change.

2019 CX-5 GT 184 2.2 diesel auto - Sonic Silver

Further, there*s overheating problem without any warning started happening on Mazda*s older SA-D diesels, especially in hot and humid countries. Mazda so far still can*t provide the root cause, but can only replace the engine, sometimes under recall forced by local government. Mazda even opted to withdraw their popular CX-5 diesel from the market to prevent further loss for fixing this overheating problem under recall.
    There*s none on this so irrelevant really.

2019 CX-5 GT 184 2.2 diesel auto - Sonic Silver

So well done those that have no debt but as the moderators stopped me dead on lately, back on topic.

Mazda bring out a new CX5 with a forthcoming diesel and hooray, they are a brave cutting edge forward thinking company.

Mazda delay the introduction and they are terrible because they broke their promise.

Mazda keep their promise and launch the diesel to respond to criticism but now they*re bad again because it doesn*t benefit anybody who isn*t a high mileage driver.

Can*t win really can they? Despite it being no different than Other manufacturers that at least give the option, despite it being of interest to fleet users and despite it being much cleaner than the gasoline version (but that*s political and stands a chance of getting the thread locked by those that don*t want to hear it).

Registered Member

CX5 GT-R

Quote Originally Posted by Anchorman View Post
    So well done those that have no debt but as the moderators stopped me dead on lately, back on topic.

Mazda bring out a new CX5 with a forthcoming diesel and hooray, they are a brave cutting edge forward thinking company.

Mazda delay the introduction and they are terrible because they broke their promise.

Mazda keep their promise and launch the diesel to respond to criticism but now they*re bad again because it doesn*t benefit anybody who isn*t a high mileage driver.

Can*t win really can they? Despite it being no different than Other manufacturers that at least give the option, despite it being of interest to fleet users and despite it being much cleaner than the gasoline version (but that*s political and stands a chance of getting the thread locked by those that don*t want to hear it).
    Sure they could have won...bring it out when promised, hit the numbers they said they'd hit.

Donated: $45
    CX Moderator

'15 CX-5 Miata GT AWD w/Tech 2.5L

Imo it's the ridiculous pricing by positioning it as the most lux (usa at least) model. The chevy Cruze offers a diesel for a 2k premium over its base gas engine. Its a single turbo 1.6L that's not much far off from the 2.2tt in the cx5 power wise.. yet this circa 2011 engine that's new in the USA gains a premium of over $10000 usd vs the best equipped base engine CX5 ($31k usd grand touring).. in 3 years the same car went from ~32k usd to 42kUsd? With little to show for performance.. doesn't make much sense as a buyer when you compare a $10k difference in model pricing with some other OEMs

Registered Member

'16.5 JBM CX-5 AWD GT tech, '19 Veloster N

Sure they could have won...bring it out when promised, hit the numbers they said they'd hit.
    That and a reasonable price and trim level option and it would almost certainly be in my driveway right now..sigh
    247 community defender of: gen1 steering, styling, seats and gated shifter, compression ignition, rwd, Asian twins, winter tires, manual: tailgates, transmissions, ebrakes, also liquid silver and Lawson's Liquids FTFW!

1983 Toyota Celica GTS 5MT
    1984 Toyota Supra 5MT- oh what a feelin!
    1991 Toyota MR2T 6MT- Awesome
    2002 MB C230 Coupe 6MT- 1st new car(chosen over GTI)- good until gremlins
    +enter bad driveway
    2006 Acura TL 6MT (shortest ownership by far 1year of tq steer&driveway fails>enough)
    2007 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L -It didn't break
    2009 BMW 128i 6MT - End of the old-school bimmers- should have kept.. wanted 4drs
    2014 Mazda CX-5 AWD GT - Solid vehicle sans brakes..few issues @90k+
    2015 BMW X1 RWD Msport - Liked it, fast and still did donuts, e-steering=fail
    2019 Hyundai Veloster N- 6MT or bust bitch (love that)fun/dollar untouchable right now
    2016.5 CX-5 AWD GT - Stickin w/swoop, wheel upgrade, really just wanted to ape 7ereg

Registered Member

Soon to be 2.5T CX-5

That's now how it went down. This things has been called a dud from the start. Why? Because it simply is, and will be.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast