Diesel CX5 has landed in the USA

He gave you the Mazda 6 link, here's the CX-5: LINK

They have probably built all that they had planned for the year/ever. My dealer has been stuck with these 4 for a few weeks now: CX-5 D Inventory

Last edited:

They have probably built all that they had planned for the year/ever. My dealer has been stuck with these 4 for a few weeks now: CX-5 D Inventory

For the life of me, even when I figure out which of their sites to go to, I still can't find what I'm looking for.

I was on www.mazdausa.com/vehicles and did not find the CX-5 diesel.

And I still don't see it on the build page, even though it's shown as a 2019.

Thanks for that. Do you have time to drive one and tell us about it?

For the life of me, even when I figure out which of their sites to go to, I still can't find what I'm looking for.

I was on www.mazdausa.com/vehicles and did not find the CX-5 diesel.

And I still don't see it on the build page, even though it's shown as a 2019.
Well, I swear it wasnt' there last night, but it is now.

Or maybe because like you, I was looking at the CX-5 build page. They're considering it a whole different model.

So there are ZERO in Oregon which includes the huge market in Portland, and only 2 within 250 miles of me, in Chico CA, close to Redding [hint,hint].

Here's something new for the D:

ZERO MAINTENANCE COSTS
FOR 2 YEARS/30,000 MILES

A premium CUV deserves a premium ownership experience. Thats why every CX-5 diesel comes with a zero-cost maintenance program that covers you for the first 2 years or 30,000 miles. Because the ultimate luxury is having one less thing to worry about.

BFD, eh?!

And the only incentive is 2.9%.

Meanwhile, they're kicking back $2,000 on the CX-9.

And they put CD in the 3.

I hope Mazda can survive.

My local dealer has 102 CX-5's on the lot. ONE SINGLE Diesel (white). They're showing a $1700 discount off MSRP on their web site, before negotiations. Pretty much the same discount for all other CX-5 versions shown on the site. I'm guessing the dealerships are passively resisting bringing any of them to their lot.

Same here in Arizona. Dealerships don't want the diesels and refuse to carry them except for maybe 1 model. Nobody wants the diesel and they are overpriced. Mazda might have to do a fire sale to clear them out.

The diesel SUV was dead back in 2015 and Mazda's diesel CX5 was doomed years ago.

There is NO advantage to the diesel vs gas turbo. The gas turbo makes more power, gets great MPG, is less expensive to maintain, has better reliability, etc. Why would anyone want a stupid diesel SUV that makes less power, costs more, is less reliable, and gets the same MPG as the gas version?

Last edited:
4 diesels between the 2 closest Mazda dealers to me (2 each). They are just under $43k on their websites.

We'll see if anyone bites. By comparison, each dealership has something like 50-60 2.5T GT-Rs and Sigs in their CX-5 inventory.

4 diesels between the 2 closest Mazda dealers to me (2 each). They are just under $43k on their websites.

We'll see if anyone bites. By comparison, each dealership has something like 50-60 2.5T GT-Rs and Sigs in their CX-5 inventory.

Man, you guys have some sizeable dealers near you.

I'm about 45 miles from the state capital, the Mazda dealer there only has 4 Reserves and 5 Signatures plus 2 obligatory diesels.
The dealer nearer me (Charlottesville) has 4 Reserves and 1 Signature...plus 1 obligatory diesel.

Man, you guys have some sizeable dealers near you.

I'm about 45 miles from the state capital, the Mazda dealer there only has 4 Reserves and 5 Signatures plus 2 obligatory diesels.
The dealer nearer me (Charlottesville) has 4 Reserves and 1 Signature...plus 1 obligatory diesel.

Took them a long time to get that inventory. Everytime I went there to try to test drive one, they would tell me "no" for the longest time. Guess I will try now.

My dealers has three of these in stock. Range from 40-42K. They also have 9 Signatures are 3 reserves.

The engineer even admitted it's detuned for emissions. I won't be surprised to see this as a 1 year special, no one is buying this thing.

Back