How to rent the new Mazda3?

:
Mazda3
So I want to drive the new 3(just to see how it compares to my 3) for a few days. Is there any way to rent one somewhere? These aren't fleet type vehicles so I doubt I will be able to find one at Hertz/Enterprise. I checked Turo in my area and none are available. Is there any other way I can get it one for a drive? I don't want to test drive one at the dealer because I have no intention of purchasing one, but I would be willing to rent one if one was around.

So I want to drive the new 3(just to see how it compares to my 3) for a few days. Is there any way to rent one somewhere? These aren't fleet type vehicles so I doubt I will be able to find one at Hertz/Enterprise. I checked Turo in my area and none are available. Is there any other way I can get it one for a drive? I don't want to test drive one at the dealer because I have no intention of purchasing one, but I would be willing to rent one if one was around.

Go to the dealer and drive one. Be upfront with the salesman! They get a spiff for every person they test drive, so most will be happy to if they are not busy. (guitar)

When we were in the market for our 4runner, we went to the dealership and picked one out. The sales guy saw that we were serious and let us keep a different silver Limited for a few days, extended test drive style. No charge.

I dunno if that's only a Toyota thing, but you might wanna try it if you're serious about buying one.

If they'd put a turbocharger on that damn AWD 3 and give it 300hp or so, I'd be next to you at the dealership waiting for my test drive!

Last edited:
If you have a current Mazda you can try calling dealer and when you take your Mazda for service they can offer you a 2019 Mazda 3 loaner. Mine is just starting to have 2019 loaners so it might be a while as I believe they are the highest volume Mazda dealer in US.

If you have no intention of buying one, what's the point? If the point is that you if like it so much that you are more likely to buy one now or within 6 months, then that is a legitimate reason to take an extended test drive at the dealership.

If you have no intention of buying one, what's the point? If the point is that you if like it so much that you are more likely to buy one now or within 6 months, then that is a legitimate reason to take an extended test drive at the dealership.

This. You're pretty much wasting your own time if you have no intentions to replace your current car.

Back