More Aggressive 19 Inch Tires?

Pitter

Pitter
Contributor
:
2020 CX-5 Signature Azul Metalico
Are there M&S tires with more aggressive tread than stock available for the CX-5 Signature?

Please clarify more aggressive. You want traction on pavement? Or you want to go off-roading?

Are you open to the idea of using a smaller wheel? Youll find a lot more options for off-road tires in a 235/60R18 or a 235/65R17.

(Ok awkward but*temp solution to space bar.) Well I'd rather stay with the stock wheels.

If you want to keep the stock wheels, it basically means that you're going to have to use a 235/55R19. I only see one tire marketed as off-road in that size available in the US, and it's fairly expensive compared to other options. There are a few options marketed as highway all-season that will be somewhat more aggressive than the stock Toyo tires, but I have no idea what you can get in Colombia.

Of course this is all based on the assumption that your Signature uses the same wheel size as ours does...

Thank you.*The Signatures sold here come with 225/55-R19.

I visited one of the bigger tire outlets in Cali today They said they didn't stock any 19 inch tires.
much less something with a more aggressive tread. The suggestion for going with a 17 inch is spot on. The dealer had all kinds of treads available in that range. I think I will ask my sales agent if they can change out the 19 inch for seventeen on my ordered CX 5. If not I/ll just do it all aftermarket. I do want an off road tread for some places I go.

Are both 235/60R18 and 235/65R17 the same diameter as the stock Signature tire/wheel combo?

Are both 235/60R18 and 235/65R17 the same diameter as the stock Signature tire/wheel combo?

Theyre close. Either one will be about 10 mm taller overall (5 mm taller in radius). Theyll rave revs/km ratings that are within 3-4 (out of 448) of your stock tires.

Very good thanks. 5 mm increased radius, do I understand correctly that they would raise ground clearance by about 2 inches?

Last edited:
No, theyd increase ground clearance by about 0.2 inch. If you want something that will easily accommodate 50 mm of ride height increase, Id say you should be looking at a Toyota Prado.

Back