Center armrest too short

Hi,

I intend to lease a Signature model. I would like to have comments on two thinks : first, I am a small person and the center armrest is very short so I cannot use it. Is there a solution?

Second, does the rear traffic alert stop the car or only warns the driver ?

Thanks a lot !

Magi

1. I agree. If the center console armrest could rachet forward above the cup holders and maybe up, that would be awesome. The new Mazda 3 has a sliding center console armrest. One of the members here used a spare coffee mug and attached some cushion to the top of the mug.

2. Yes, only warning. No braking.

I would not want the rear traffic alert to stop me. A lot of times when I back out of the garage it picks up a car coming up/down the street while I'm still up at the top of my driveway. If it stopped me I'd have to wait until the car got out of range. This way I'm aware of the car coming but I can choose to continue backing up since I have about 30 feet to go before I hit the end of my driveway.

Hi,

I intend to lease a Signature model. I would like to have comments on two thinks : first, I am a small person and the center armrest is very short so I cannot use it. Is there a solution?

Second, does the rear traffic alert stop the car or only warns the driver ?

Thanks a lot !

Magi

I agree, as a 2019 Sig owner, its' a 'quirk' of the car that I've come to accept that my 2009 Mazda 6 HAD.... my '09 6 you were able to click a button and it would extend forward quite a bit. Another thing I find weird that my old car could do that the new one doesn't is I never had to touch the button on the door for the keyless entry. I just had to grab the handle and it would open.

Oh.. and The other thing - I have NO idea why my 47,000$ Signature doesn't have a gas-cap holder. Like, to keep it from scratching your paint.. it just hangs down and.. I don't.. understand WHY my 2009 had it and this one doesn't lol.

As for the Cross traffic alert, NO.. it does NOT stop the car. So be aware of that!.. Its a great 180 degree angle though, so its really really helpful.

I agree, as a 2019 Sig owner, its' a 'quirk' of the car that I've come to accept that my 2009 Mazda 6 HAD.... my '09 6 you were able to click a button and it would extend forward quite a bit. Another thing I find weird that my old car could do that the new one doesn't is I never had to touch the button on the door for the keyless entry. I just had to grab the handle and it would open.

Oh.. and The other thing - I have NO idea why my 47,000$ Signature doesn't have a gas-cap holder. Like, to keep it from scratching your paint.. it just hangs down and.. I don't.. understand WHY my 2009 had it and this one doesn't lol.

As for the Cross traffic alert, NO.. it does NOT stop the car. So be aware of that!.. Its a great 180 degree angle though, so its really really helpful.

It has a gas cap holder. It's built into the door. My is a US model.

That's a diesel but you'll get the idea.

I most certainly do NOT have that. I'm almost 90% sure that that isn't on my vehicle.

There's a few things disappointedly NOT on the Canadian model, including:

- Rear backup sensors
- 3D Camera (I know, it sucks, but when our neighbours to the south get it and we don't, I just don't understand).
- SG badge on the back for the Signature model.

I'll have to check tomorrow and I'll take a pic and show you if it isn't present.

Amazon carries an assortment of center console cushions for pretty cheap

71oU2mZv1wL._SL1050_.jpg

I don't know if any of them significantly extend the reach.

Last edited:
No oem console extension from another market like the the CDM one I got for my P5? Sorry, bad pic from yesteryear..........

CDM_armrest.JPG

still have it and the car tho...........

Last edited:
Back