Dealer Recommended Maintenance

You were lied to in the extreme. I would report this (use names and position at dealership ) to MAZDA corporate in a letter and a copy to that dealership. I'm sure MAZDA corp doesn't want that kind of people representing them. Ed

You were lied to in the extreme. I would report this (use names and position at dealership ) to MAZDA corporate in a letter and a copy to that dealership. I'm sure MAZDA corp doesn't want that kind of people representing them. Ed

Indeed, I have more services done to my vehicles than some owners.
However, I have dealers do them item by item with coupons whenever possible.
Never go for the packaged services.

I'm*in*the*process*of*buying*a*CX-5*Signature*in*Colombia.*The*dealership*told*me*the*maintenance*schedule*is*every*5000*kilometers*or*about*3100*miles.*The*price*is*supposed*to*alternate*between*about*$70*US*and*$175*US*each*service*interval.*I*assume*each*service*includes*an*oil*change*but*$70*US*seems*awfully*low*for*the*latter*from*a*dealer.*I*guess*I'll*find*out*when*I*start*taking*my*new*car*in.

I*apologize*for*the*unreadability*of*my*posts*with*all*the*asterisks.*No*idea*w*y*this*is*happening.

I'm*in*the*process*of*buying*a*CX-5*Signature*in*Colombia.*The*dealership*told*me*the*maintenance*schedule*is*every*5000*kilometers*or*about*3100*miles.*The*price*is*supposed*to*alternate*between*about*$70*US*and*$175*US*each*service*interval.*I*assume*each*service*includes*an*oil*change*but*$70*US*seems*awfully*low*for*the*latter*from*a*dealer.*I*guess*I'll*find*out*when*I*start*taking*my*new*car*in.

no need to ever return to the dealer..except for warranty work(hopefully not needed)

Oil changes every 5000 km is excessive. 5000 miles is the minimum I would go between oil changes and even that is fairly frequent. You shouldn*t need anything besides oil changes and tire rotations for quite a while. Don*t do anything extra that the owners manual doesn*t say to do.

I'm guessing your space bar is putting in those asterisks, instead of just a space.
Check your keyboard settings, or your language settings (sorry, I'm not an Apple user. I'm just giving it my best guess based on what I'm seeing).

I'm ready to do the 30K maintenance on my CX5, and will tell the service advisor to just follow the book except for two things. First if there is moisture in the brake fluid, then replace. Now the second I an not sure of. And that is doing a rear differential fluid exchange. The manual states to replace If driven in dusty areas or a lot of stop/go driving. Which is true in my case to a certain extent. That service is expensive, like $230. So, anyone have some thoughts about this? Also, why so expensive? Or are they just being crooks?

I'm ready to do the 30K maintenance on my CX5, and will tell the service advisor to just follow the book except for two things. First if there is moisture in the brake fluid, then replace. Now the second I an not sure of. And that is doing a rear differential fluid exchange. The manual states to replace If driven in dusty areas or a lot of stop/go driving. Which is true in my case to a certain extent. That service is expensive, like $230. So, anyone have some thoughts about this? Also, why so expensive? Or are they just being crooks?

Wow, I got my rear differential and transfer case fluid changed for maybe $180 total for both.

Back