Off Topic What's the last worst looking car you've seen?

ColoradoDriver

2014 CX-5 Touring AWD - 132k miles
Contributor
:
Denver, CO
I was driving yesterday and saw a Toyota CH-R with some really weird tacked on spoilers and other crap.

Literally the worst looking car I've seen in a while.

So what's the last bad looking car you've seen?

In person, a Nissan Murano CrossCabriolet. I also don't like the way the Ford EcoSport looks. Wheels are too small, the body sits too high and looks too narrow. Proportions just look weird to me.

I think the 2016+ LX 570 is the ugliest car on the road. I had a 2013 LX 570 before I just sold it for a new CX-5 AWD (payments were too high) and I thought it is a much better, cleaner looking design.

RXbsS6R.jpg

(Previous design: )
2013-lexus-lx-570-4wd-4-door-angular-front-exterior-view_100412034_l.jpg

The 2019 RAV4 deserves an honorable mention.

943cd6f0238f4d9e96cdd794dcec3cf5.jpg

So does the new Ford Escape. Totally dorky styling, none of the grace of the CX-5.

2020-ford-escape.jpg

Last edited:
That new Civic is pretty bad. Why Honda pasted all those fake vents and s*** on what would have been one of the coolest cars on the road is beyond me.

588_ctrnew_2.JPG

my18_civic_type_r_hero_mobile.jpg

Last edited:
Lexus holds the record for ugly cars, but Honda is making a push for top spot lately.

263515.jpg

I don't have a pic, and I'm ashamed that this is in my genes.
I really should create a different account to post this...

The last worst looking car I've seen was my father's Nash Metropolitan (the guy had 3 of them, a hard top and 2 rag tops.) We're talking mid-60s when he did this.

This is what a normal one looks like:

maxresdefault.jpg

They are always painted two-tone. My dad decided to paint his himself.

He did the top half a shiny fire engine red, and the bottom half a matte off-white cream...with Western Auto paint...and a brush :oops:

It was like one of those paint-by-numbers Emmett Kelly pics...you had to be at a distance in order for it to look good.

For years after he passed away, I would catch a glimpse of that car off in the distance...turning a corner, disappearing down a side road, coming out of nowhere from the opposite direction. There was no mistaking it. Only the top half reflected light. It was my gauche ghost.

The funny thing is, none of the new owners repainted it.
Earl Scheib would have done it for $19.95

I often wondered if the paint job was why people bought that car in the first place. It wasn't transportation...it was a conversation piece.

Last edited:
I don't have a pic, and I'm ashamed that this is in my genes...

The last worst looking car I've seen was my father's Nash Metropolitan (the guy had 3 of them.)

This is what a normal one looks like:

Ha! My grandfather owned a Nash dealer in Wisconsin.

Ha! My grandfather owned a Nash dealer in Wisconsin.
Great little cars.

They have what I believe to be the same engines as my '59 Sprite...cast iron block 948 cc. Except the Nash was transverse mounted/FWD. I know some of the dash switches were the same (like the ignition switch being in the center of the knurled Bakelite knob that controlled the headlights.)

Did you ever fold down the back of the rear jump seat and crawl into the trunk?

Great little cars.

They have what I believe to be the same engines as my '59 Sprite...cast iron block 948 cc. Except the Nash was transverse mounted/FWD. I know some of the dash switches were the same (like the ignition switch being in the center of the knurled Bakelite knob that controlled the headlights.)

Did you ever fold down the back of the rear jump seat and crawl into the trunk?

I don't remember ever sitting in one. I was born in the '60's and they were already out of business.

Latest posts

Back