Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Mazda Sales.... Not So Good

Registered Member

2019 CX-5 Signature Soul Red Crystal

The way I read this is that premium car sales are up world-wide, while mid-tier cars are tanking. Basically you either buy an economy car or a luxury.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by mutualcore View Post
    The way I read this is that premium car sales are up world-wide, while mid-tier cars are tanking. Basically you either buy an economy car or a luxury.
    This fits with the theme of the disappearing middle class. World is turning back into lords and peasants!

2014 Mazda3 S GT auto, 2008 MX5 6-speed

Quote Originally Posted by gova View Post
    I am surprised it look this long...

Long gone are the years that you could get a new car for 1/4 at the most of ones salary.
    I can't ever remember that to be the case. When I was 21 years old, my annual salary was $11,000. A Mazda RX7 was $9700 out the door. I doubt that there were any cars out there for $2700.
    2014 3S GT, Deep Crystal Blue, Eibach Pro-Kit, Enkei PF01s, Koni Sports, Pirelli P ZERO ALL SEASON PLUS tires, 225/45/18
    2008 MX-5 Touring (Mazdaspeed CAI, HIDs, Progress/Koni Sports/Racing Beat sways, SST Magnaflow muffler and tips)

Registered Member

2019 CX-5 Signature Soul Red Crystal

Quote Originally Posted by Passafire View Post
    This fits with the theme of the disappearing middle class. World is turning back into lords and peasants!
    Tis the way of the world, my friend.

Registered Member

2019 CX-5 Reserve Eternal Blue

Central Virginia, USA...the winding rural part
    As soon as someone can define "middle class," I'll start to worry.

In the meantime, let's continue to converse with our fellow repressed new car owners

2017 Mazda CX-5 GT, 2016 Mazda6 iGT, 2014 Mazda3 sGT hatchback

IMHO, Mazda needs more CUVs in the showrooms (CX3 is really too small), and need customers willing to walk in to cross-shop. I have referred two co-workers to look at Mazdas (they knew I got 3 in my household).
    Both ended up buying Mazdas that were not on their shopping list (guess what, Honda and Toyota).
    2016 Mazda6 iGT + Tech Pkg
    ....Sonic Silver Mica / Parchment
    2014 Mazda3 sGT hatchback
    ....Soul Red Metallic / Almond

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by ceric View Post
    ...and need customers willing to walk in to cross-shop.
    They really don't do much to get people into the showrooms or behind the wheel for test drives. And many times you gotta go out of your way to even find a Mazda dealer.

I only went in because they were next to the Carmax I was already shopping at.

It's really insane, these cars sell themselves once folks sit in the seat.

Quote Originally Posted by Avoidin Deer View Post
    And many times you gotta go out of your way to even find a Mazda dealer.
    But that is very regional. In NEO (North East Ohio) you're never more then 10 miles from a Mazda dealer. They're almost like spiders in your home.

Donated: $25

2018 Mazda CX-9 Signature

Quote Originally Posted by Avoidin Deer View Post
    They really don't do much to get people into the showrooms or behind the wheel for test drives. And many times you gotta go out of your way to even find a Mazda dealer.

I only went in because they were next to the Carmax I was already shopping at.

It's really insane, these cars sell themselves once folks sit in the seat.
    I agree, they need to offer more incentive to get people to test drive the cars or get them in the dealership doors. I might be in a 4Runner or a GX470 right now (and bored out of my mind during my daily commutes) if I didn't stop at the Mazda dealer to find out more about the nice looking CX-9 parked out front.

Some makes offer gift cards in exchange for setting up a test drive at some auto shows. I wonder if Mazda does that.

Registered Member

Mazda CX5 Touring

Quote Originally Posted by concept View Post
    I can't ever remember that to be the case. When I was 21 years old, my annual salary was $11,000. A Mazda RX7 was $9700 out the door. I doubt that there were any cars out there for $2700.
    And at a low 8.95% APR, where the words APR might not have meant what they do today.

Registered Member

2014 CX-5 GT

Unfortunately, you are right. You can see it everywhere and it will eventually cause major problems.

Mazda's sales numbers are down worldwide and China is looking particularly bad. Their biggest problem is their marketing. The commercials are terrible and poorly targeted. The ones they show on NFL games are particularly bad - extremely feminine. The world is about marketing. Having the best product is meaningless.
    2014 Silver Mazda CX-5 GT
    2017 Eternal Blue Mazda 3 Touring
    2018 Machine Grey Mazda CX-9 Signature

Registered Member

2019 Mazda CX-5 GTR

I don't know about that........ Driving around, I cannot believe the number of high-end luxury vehicles and huge SUV's on the road. Not to mention all those $50k+ full size pickups. Must be an awful lot of "Lords" out there!

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by 7eregrine View Post
    But that is very regional. In NEO (North East Ohio) you're never more then 10 miles from a Mazda dealer. They're almost like spiders in your home.
    maybe vacuum a bit more

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by 7eregrine View Post
    That's interesting.

There are 4 dealers within 100 miles of me here in rural central Virginia...just 3 within 50 miles.

When I search where I used to live in Northern Virginia outside of DC, there are still only 11 dealers within 50 miles. And 2 of those are stretching the truth to say they're only 50 miles away.

Gen-1 Kodo Design 👌 ColoradoDriver's Avatar
    Donated: $5

2014 CX-5 Touring AWD

Quote Originally Posted by pcardoza View Post
    I don't know about that........ Driving around, I cannot believe the number of high-end luxury vehicles and huge SUV's on the road. Not to mention all those $50k+ full size pickups. Must be an awful lot of "Lords" out there!
    I don't know. How many of those people are massively in debt?
    2014 CX-5 Touring AWD 2.5L | Jet Black Mica - 86k miles
    01/2013 build | 4/20/2013 delivery

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast