Anyone installed a rear dashcam on a 2018 CX-3?

Hi everyone,

I've installed a front dash-cam on my 2018 CX3 using the cigarette lighter as the power source, but cannot figure out how to install one in the rear.
Is there another cigarette lighter somewhere in the rear ? or Would I have to use the front cigarette lighter to power both the front and the back rear dash-cams ?

Appreciate any help.
Thanks !

Hi everyone,

I've installed a front dash-cam on my 2018 CX3 using the cigarette lighter as the power source, but cannot figure out how to install one in the rear.
Is there another cigarette lighter somewhere in the rear ? or Would I have to use the front cigarette lighter to power both the front and the back rear dash-cams ?

Appreciate any help.
Thanks !

I had the same setup in my CX-9 previously (both front and rear dash cams) but in my CX-3 only have front. My experience with both dashcam setup in the CX-9 were:

the rear dash cam was plugged into the rear 12v DC outlet it would sometimes shut off (not sure why and whether power was cut off maybe on power save mode)
both front and rear dash cams wouldn't turn on at same time - again not sure why

To solve issue I connected the rear dash cam to the front 12V DC outlet using a multi port outlet (2-3 ports) that plugs into a single source - this way both cams would turn on/off at same time when ignition was turned on/off

In my experience too, the rear dash cam wasn't really useful nor necessary that I removed it and just transferred it to my CX-3 (as a front dash cam)

As for the CX-3 I believe there's no 12v dc outlet in the rear cargo area (could be wrong though) but nevertheless I didn't see the need to install a rear dash cam as front was sufficient for me and my needs. In case you really want both then I suggest getting a multi port 12v dc outlet with an extender wire/cable and just plug into the single 12v outlet in the front.

Back