Screen Protector

Same way glossy photos or TV screens produce a sharper image. Matte antireflection finishes add a coarseness to the image.

Glossy photos and TVs don't start with a matte finish and then add a reflective or protective layer on top, so that explanation doesn't work. Sharpness cannot be added back in by another optical layer after it's been distorted by a matte/antireflective finish. It's analogous to converting mp3s to flacs... they'll sound exactly the same as the mp3s, not better.

My screen looks just as shiny and reflective as my phone to me. If yours doesn't look that way to you, I guess you won't understand what I'm asking.

Glossy photos and TVs don't start with a matte finish and then add a reflective or protective layer on top, so that explanation doesn't work. Sharpness cannot be added back in by another optical layer after it's been distorted by a matte/antireflective finish. It's analogous to converting mp3s to flacs... they'll sound exactly the same as the mp3s, not better.

My screen looks just as shiny and reflective as my phone to me. If yours doesn't look that way to you, I guess you won't understand what I'm asking.

You are technically right that those screens are created not by adding extra layer of finish (glossy or matte). But, I personally like glossy feeling on small screen size. It provides cleaner look to me. I mainly installed it after seeing fine scratches on black piano trims and dash window. At the end, it's only $10 accessory.

Look, I*m not pretending to be an expert on screens. But it*s well established that glossy screens appear sharper and more vibrant, and that*s why companies have gone to great lengths to develop anti-reflection coatings in order to eliminate the #1 drawback to glossy screens.

Look, I*m not pretending to be an expert on screens. But it*s well established that glossy screens appear sharper and more vibrant, and that*s why companies have gone to great lengths to develop anti-reflection coatings in order to eliminate the #1 drawback to glossy screens.

We agree that glossy screens appear sharper and more vibrant!

I'm just saying that once an image has been degraded, it can not be restored by adding a shiny/reflective/transparent object on top. If something on the screen is degrading the image, removing that would be the only way to restore original image quality [physically].

But a screen protector never hurt anyone or anything, and they don't degrade the image any further, so why not. I'm just looking at the source of the problem for a better solution.

Back