Screen Protector

:
2021 Acura RDX
Just curious if anyone on here uses a screen protector on their NAVI screen? I keep seeing one pop-up on Amazon, and was wondering if it's worth getting. I don't physically touch my screen too often, but sometimes my wife likes to use it.

Anyway, just wondering if anyone has any scratches, etc. on their screen that aren't using one.

Thanks all!

Just curious if anyone on here uses a screen protector on their NAVI screen? I keep seeing one pop-up on Amazon, and was wondering if it's worth getting. I don't physically touch my screen too often, but sometimes my wife likes to use it.

Anyway, just wondering if anyone has any scratches, etc. on their screen that aren't using one.

Thanks all!

Shouldn't need one, unless you point with a diamond wedding ring . :)

Does anyone know for sure if that screen is gorrilla glass?

that's the one I bought and very good product....... fit perfect and
I even installed it without any problems.

don't know if it's gorrilla glass..

I think it's nuts, personally, to put a screen protector on it. Maybe, if you touch it a lot and the protector you put on it is anti fingerprint.
No, it's not Gorilla Glass. Nor does it need to be.

I think it's nuts, personally, to put a screen protector on it. Maybe, if you touch it a lot and the protector you put on it is anti fingerprint.
No, it's not Gorilla Glass. Nor does it need to be.

For me, it's more than protecting screen. I don't like dull image on matte finished screen. The glossy protector shows more crispy image and I don't have reflection issue on every day driving.

If nothing else, may prevent what happened to my screen where I accidentally wiped it with something I shouldn't have when cleaning and now its kinda ruined. Still works, can still see everything, but the screen is in bad shape.

If nothing else, may prevent what happened to my screen where I accidentally wiped it with something I shouldn't have when cleaning and now its kinda ruined. Still works, can still see everything, but the screen is in bad shape.

Actually, that's a pretty good reason to put one on.

For my 19 GT, I installed tempered glass screen protector and I liked it. The screen looks sharper due to its glossy screen. However, there can be reflection if someone with white/color clothes sits in the passenger seat. My interior is black and I don't have any issue on every day commute.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

Do you mind posting a pic? I Was wondering how much a glossy cover would help the sharpness and color.

For me, it's more than protecting screen. I don't like dull image on matte finished screen. The glossy protector shows more crispy image and I don't have reflection issue on every day driving.

How did you get a matte finished screen? Mine's shiny, just like any glass.
And how does putting a piece of clear glass [protector] on it make the image more crispy?

Do you remember what it was? Is it a physical problem like scratches, or chemical, like etching?

Do you remember what it was? Is it a physical problem like scratches, or chemical, like etching?

It was a lens wipe I had just used to clean my glasses and me thinking it would be fine and the instant I started wiping I remembered the thread about ruining the gen 1 screens with chemicals like that. Definitely etched and you can see all kinds of scratching now too.

Last edited:
How did you get a matte finished screen? Mine's shiny, just like any glass.
And how does putting a piece of clear glass [protector] on it make the image more crispy?

I remember that my 2019 GT was like plastic matte screen. And, it can be just me that it looks more clear or sharper after installing glass protector. Yes, there are certain angle that looks like mirror (see my other pic). But, it never happens to me on driver side.

Puzzling. Is it possible that the screen is shipped with a plastic film, and the dealer forgot to remove it?

Puzzling. Is it possible that the screen is shipped with a plastic film, and the dealer forgot to remove it?

Hhhmm... really? Does it come with plastic film? If it does, I should catch it while I was installing the protector because I uninstalled multiple times due to dust between the screen and the protector and I had to use suction cup to remove the protector. There was nothing that I remember.

I don't know if it does or not. I'm just trying to imagine why your screen would look matte to start with. A plastic film would explain it.

I don't know if it does or not. I'm just trying to imagine why your screen would look matte to start with. A plastic film would explain it.

Based on the CX-5*s I*ve test driven, the screen isn*t a harsh matte, but it definitely isn*t glossy. Some sort of antireflection finish.

Back