Slight knocking noise when breaking

:
2014 Mazda CX-5
Hey fellow Mazdanites,

I hear a faint kinda knocking clocking noise when breaking nearing complete stop. It seems to come from front driver side and it slows down as the car slows down and just after I come at a complete stop theres the same noise but kind of like a strain release.

I might be completely off but kind of if the break pressure releases a tiny bit but with no release sensation from the brake pedal.

A quick look from a mechanic without lifting it and removing the wheels and he said the breaks look just fine.

So, can it be the pads or something else with the breaking line?

Forward thanks for any insight before I take it in for a more thorough check-up.

I often hear the brake pads shifting in the calipers and consider it normal. Mine is especially noticeable on the first backup in the morning and the first going forward. Ed

Mine sometimes does that under the same circumstances, but ONLY then. Sometimes I can even feel a bit of settling, as if the pads were sticking and then releasing.

What year is yours, Ed?

I often hear the brake pads shifting in the calipers and consider it normal. Mine is especially noticeable on the first backup in the morning and the first going forward. Ed

Every Mazda does that. Strange not every car though. Working in a mechanical shop and I only noticed that on Mazdas which is quite annoying. I think it's brake springs which are meant to be replaced with every brake job, but not all aftermarket brake pads have them in the box.

Back