When is Mazda introducing a new transmission?

I've never read where any vehicle was under filled. I read were engines were not filled to the Max level which isn't under filled. Picky picky we are. Ed

If i'll be stuck driving an AT in manual mode - I'd really prefer an honest stick and clutch.

And b.t.w. when on highway - I'm mostly in manual mode anyways as on uphills - when she's supposed to go down into the 5th or even 4th - she's sticking to the 6th due to "excellent programming".

Are you aware of the downshift button that is operated at the limit of the accel pedal? The pedal travels further than you think, you have to push against the spring tension in the switch.

I've never read where any vehicle was under filled. I read were engines were not filled to the Max level which isn't under filled. Picky picky we are. Ed

There have been tons of reports of factory underfilled ATF. I know mine ended up being underfilled by 0.2 qts when I checked it. Enough it was out of the acceptable fluid levels marked on the dipstick.

Are you aware of the downshift button that is operated at the limit of the accel pedal? The pedal travels further than you think, you have to push against the spring tension in the switch.

I may appear dumb, but I'd like to think that there's still hope.... (nailbyt)

Lol, yes - I know about the kickdown swich - and no - it isn't the solution.

There's never been an automatic that could equal the control and engagement of a stick, that satisfying feeling of a smooth shift, always being in the right gear. They're for convenience, right?
The Mazda's great as automatics go... but it's still an automatic.

I really liked the wet dual clutch transmission my parents VW Eos had but I can*t speak to their reliability at all. My 13* Focus had one too that worked surprisingly well considering it was a dry clutch type coupled with all of the bad feedback (which I believe 100%). My Focus was a lemon for other reasons though : (

This's from our Mr. Precision for his first ATF drain-and-fill:

Fluid color was about the same color as ColoradoDriver's. It was obviously brown on dipstick too. I remember checking it at half mileage and it was visually clearer at that time.

Experience on mine:

Drained amount: 3 quarts & 13 fl oz (3.4 quarts)

Refill amount: 3 quarts & 23 fl oz (~3.72 quart)

While my AT temperature was at 122F my coolant was around 160F from a cold start scenario.

I agree.... all the measuring is cumbersome but now that I have a known good fill amount subsequent changes will be easy.

- Removed bottom splash shields
- I checked dipstick from bottom
- I filled from the top with long reach funnel
- I didn't need to disconnect anything up top.
- Loosened fill plug from top but removed from bottom. One could as seen posts above remove from bottom as well.
- Tightened the fill plug to in-lb with torque wrench from top

You may think 0.32 quarts are not much, but it's way below the specified range marker on ATF level:

Mine was just shy of this lower mark at 122F

111117777.png

I may appear dumb, but I'd like to think that there's still hope.... (nailbyt)

Lol, yes - I know about the kickdown swich - and no - it isn't the solution.

(rofl)

I am sorry, I was in no way referencing your intellect with the kickdown switch! (thought)

The first few years of CX-5's did not have them, then Mazda added them, but I cannot recall what year. (huh)

If it was my CX-5, I would disconnect battery, and let both the transmission computer and the engine computer go through the relearn procedure.

Back