2013~2016 Machine Gray Chip Repair

:
2019 Mazda CX-5 Signature (Machine Gray)
Pulled a bonehead move and while washing/waxing the new ride... I lifted my hood up while my wiper blades were lifted. Long story short I chipped the back of my hood with the metal wiper blade arm. I don't think it's down to bare metal, but I wanted some advice on chip/scratch repair.

I dont really like using the pens from Mazda and I also hear they don't match well for this particular color. Any recommendations for 3rd party touch-up kits? I hear Dr. Colorchip is good, but I'm not sure how well it protects from rust, etc after applying. I also want to make sure I'm protecting the touch-up paint and not sure what to apply after the paint dries other than potentially clear coat(?) and some wax. Any DIY solutions for the clear coat if needed?

I live in the rust belt, salty winters, and it's parked outside currently so it gets put through all of the elements until we move next year. Protection is key.

Any tips or advice for fixing and protecting the chip/scratch would be great. Don't want this thing to rust month 1, lol.

Thanks!
46ed00b7a36739b6152dbbff6936afe4.jpg

Back