Who made the M5 Tranny?

:
mazda
Any of you know if the tranny in M5 is made by Jatco Transmission?
If not who makes it?

Jatco Transmission is apparently the worst. Toyota uses another company, Aisin

BMW makes M5 transmissions. :D

The Mazda5 minivan's transmission most likely uses a Jatco, since it was designed by Ford and is used across their entire line (Land Rover, Jaguar, etc.)
Toyota's Aisin trannys are designed, made and licensed by Chevy. Honda makes their own with mixed results.

Kinda weird that you think they suck, I don't know if I've ever heard anyone complain about the transmission in their Mazda.

BMW makes M5 transmissions. :D

The Mazda5 minivan's transmission most likely uses a Jatco, since it was designed by Ford and is used across their entire line (Land Rover, Jaguar, etc.)
Toyota's Aisin trannys are designed, made and licensed by Chevy. Honda makes their own with mixed results.

Kinda weird that you think they suck, I don't know if I've ever heard anyone complain about the transmission in their Mazda.

This guy seems very good. He said that - Jatco is no good in one of its video:
https://www.youtube.com/user/scottykilmer

This link states Asin for M5:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Aisin_transmissions

February 2005* BG6 * 6-speed

Toyota Avensis, Toyota Corolla, Toyota RAV4, Mazda6, Mazda5, Mitsubishi Eclipse, Mitsubishi Grandis, Jeep Compass, Jeep Patriot, Dodge Caliber, Dodge Journey, Lotus Exige, Lotus Evora

Last edited:
Sounds like Google and you've got it figured out then. I was just repeating what I learned from browsing this site.

I wonder how many Mazdas the guy in the video has owned. Checking out his videos, it looks like he's getting sued by more than one car manufacturer? "Breaking News: Chrysler screws up!" "Braking News: Mercedes will destroy Tesla!" Breaking News: Land Rover screws up!"
s*** seems a little click-baity.

Sounds like Google and you've got it figured out then. I was just repeating what I learned from browsing this site.

I wonder how many Mazdas the guy in the video has owned. Checking out his videos, it looks like he's getting sued by more than one car manufacturer? "Breaking News: Chrysler screws up!" "Braking News: Mercedes will destroy Tesla!" Breaking News: Land Rover screws up!"
s*** seems a little click-baity.

He repaired cars his entire career.
He seems honest and politically incorrect - so the car company's are offended - wants to shut his voice off. He is not being sponsored by any companys.

Dr Phil was also sued.

Last edited:
Back