add favorite from contacts not available with Carplay

:
19 CX-5 GTR White on White
Much to my surprise, I like the on-board navigation in my 19CX5. I have a cheaper cellphone plan, not the best coverage and the heads up display showing navigation is fun.

One item that is annoying. Can't enter address while underway, ok, I understand the safety reasoning behind this. So go to favorites, add from contacts is grayed out. I try to keep addresses in my phone whenever I can just for this reason. Unplug my phone, within a few seconds, add from contacts shows up and away I go loading the address. Note, I also have bluetooth connection setup, which is where I think the car gets my phone contact info. I suppose eventually my favorites will be built up to cover 90% of my needs. Also, seems redundant that in order to use an address in contacts, have to save as a favorite.

I tried going to contacts on carplay, it loads apple maps, I don't see an option to choose on-board Nav.

Why does mazda disable adding a contact when carplay is engaged? Anyone know a better way around this?

Overall, I'm very happy with the car, just some small items I think could be easily resolved.

For reference, iphone7, latest updates, also updated Mazda Connect to the .335 version. So I think I'm current.

I've yet to wade thought a lot of the technology stuff that I'd rarely use, but thought you might get use out of some of the supplemental guides Mazda puts out here: https://www.mazdausa.com/owners/how-to-use-my-mazda?year=2019&mc=19CX5

There are Carplay quick-start and user guides available to download that might help, as well as a dedicated Nav System guide.

I'm getting ready to learn Android Auto myself. It's nuts to get a new car, and have to dedicate as much time to learning just the infotainment as you would learning a new stereo system and hi-def tv.

Thanks for the info. I had previously downloaded the Navigation documents, skimmed them, it's time for a more in depth read. I did find a bluetooth video I had not seen before.

If you think about it, let me know android auto also disables the add from contact option in favorites also.

Back