Phone button stopped working

:
'14 GT traded for '20 Sig
Phone button stopped working - SOLVED

(Did forum and owner's manual searches, w/o success). As of yesterday, the phone button to the left of the screen on my 2014 GT AWD quit working. Push it and the phone menu doesn't come up...in fact, nothing happens at all. The Audio and Nav buttons above and below work fine.

When I push the handset button on the steering wheel, a message pops up to the effect of "bluetooth system starting up," but it disappears after about 5 seconds.

Anyone run into this?

rob

Last edited:
Fixed! With the car off, I pulled 3 fuses in the under-hood fusebox (fuse puller, spare fuses, diagram/description are on underside of fusebox cover): AUD1, (Bose), and AUD2. (As I recall, aud1 and bose were adjacent and toward the driver, and the aud2 fuse was at the end toward the nose, with a couple of empty slots separating it from the main group.) Inspected, found none blown, and reinserted. The phone button magically worked again. I did lose my FM station presets. I did not check yet whether I need to reset the auto-down setting on the driver's window. My wife said her phone did not need to be re-paired when she drove it next.

I had first called the 800 number in the manual for bluetooth help. They had us do the "soft reset" ("restore defaults") in the setup screen that I'd already tried. When that didn't work, they told us to take it to the Mazda dealer for a hard reset. Searching on that term is what got me to the fuse-removal process.

Thanks. I didn't have to reset the automatic window. This also fixed the two dead charging ports, which seems very odd to me. The fuses were in there tightly, and none of the 3 were blown. I wouldn't think the charging ports would be tied to the audio software in any way, but what do I know.

Thanks. I didn't have to reset the automatic window. This also fixed the two dead charging ports, which seems very odd to me. The fuses were in there tightly, and none of the 3 were blown. I wouldn't think the charging ports would be tied to the audio software in any way, but what do I know.

Could be that the charging ports had a 'soft' or resettable fuse that cleared after power is removed to the system for some time. Could be that pulling the fuses or disconnecting the battery for long enough got things working again.

Yesterday, I had a similar issue, but with the "Audio" button. I could go into the NAV and phone menus through those buttons, but when I hit the Audio button (the stereo was on) nothing would happen (it usually brings up the HD FM station I have playing and shows the tune/artist, etc.) Pushing various buttons, turning the radio off, etc., didn't help. Was going to search for this thread when I got home, but turning the car off and then restarting it fixed the issue.

Back