2016 GT too many miles?

khughes

First time poster here,

I have been looking at getting a used CX-5 for a couple months and really have been looking for a good deal. I test drove the 2016 GT and really fell in love.
I just found a 2016 Touring near my area that has 71,000 miles on it for just under $16k. It has the GT wheels on it, which I love. The carfax is 2 owner and clean, there are 8 maintenaince records on it, and the battery and tires just got replaced. I have been texting the dealer and at and it comes with a lifetime engine, transmission and drivetrain warrenty. I feel like this is a really good deal but the high mileage scares me a bit. Is there anything else I should ask the dealer about or try to negotiate into part of the deal? Spark plug replacement maybe?

*Title should be 2016 Touring, not GT

Just get it inspected. A relatively young but higher mileage car probably has mostly highway miles anyway which would generally create less wear/tear actually.

The car is at a fiat dealership 1.5 hours away and comes with a lifetime warranty, should i still get it inspected by a 3rd party? If so, how do I go about that?

Honestly? Get the GT with Tech, or hold out for one. My touring always disappointed me. Better yet a 2017. Its honestly worth a few grand more, easily.

Honestly? Get the GT with Tech, or hold out for one. My touring always disappointed me. Better yet a 2017. Its honestly worth a few grand more, easily.

I dont disagree. We got GT and not tech and I kinda wish we had got the tech package.

Price sounds high.
Make sure the headlights are warranted for life.
17 GT with tech is the best one out there if you can find one in your price range.

Price seems high for a Touring trim at that mileage.

Also, who is providing the "lifetime" warranty?

I'll disagree with others and say I preferred the Touring over the GT, but that's just me. I don't like leather seats in a car.

I think so too. Easily get a GT w/Tech for that with a few less miles...

Yeah I'll probably just wait to get the GT w/tech, but I have no idea where you can find ^ that kind of a deal. I've done nationwide searches and can't find a GT w/tech with semi low mileage near that price.

A "LIFETIME WARRANTY" MOST LIKELY REQUIRES YOU TO HAVE all service done at that dealership. The mileage doesn't concern me if maintained properly but, the price is too high. Keep looking for a GT+ tech. Ed

Yeah I'll probably just wait to get the GT w/tech, but I have no idea where you can find ^ that kind of a deal. I've done nationwide searches and can't find a GT w/tech with semi low mileage near that price.

You're not going to find one at that price for at least a year, maybe more.

Adjust your budget upward or your expectations downward.

But do try to focus on 17 rather than 16. Even a Touring 17 should make you much happier than anything 16 [it would for me, anyway].

Good luck in your quest.

I disagree...

A quick search on Car guru found me more than I cared to look at, 2016 AWD GT $16-$18k with up to 61k miles (less than the OPs). Even saw a deal for a 2017 same car, $17kish.

Those are pretty good prices, though, but the car doesn't seem to be moving. I know my buddy got $20k in trade for his 2016.5 GT AWD with Tech with 23k miles.

Last edited:

I don't know why, I just found several near that price or an offer for that price and they would take it. What part of the Country are you in anyhow?

I'm near Chattanooga TN. Looking now I see there are some really good deals in south Fl, Miami area...I could be in for a road trip to get my dream car at some point.

Adjust your budget upward or your expectations downward.

But do try to focus on 17 rather than 16. Even a Touring 17 should make you much happier than anything 16 [it would for me, anyway].

Good luck in your quest.

This.

I'd take a 2017 Touring > 2016.5 GT Tech. The quieter cabin really is that much nicer on long trips.

I don't know. While for sure a much nicer car, this loaner 2019 GT they gave me is very noticeably more sluggish than my 2014 and that just makes me want my 2014 back.

I don't know. While for sure a much nicer car, this loaner 2019 GT they gave me is very noticeably more sluggish than my 2014 and that just makes me want my 2014 back.

I've said this before, but DO NOT test drive a turbo unless you decide you need a new car!!

Gen 1 to gen 2 is like S2K AP1 vs AP2, sortof, except of the AP2 were made by Audi. It's less raw, but much much nicer. The Turbo models fix all quibbles. The non turbo makes you pick...solid and quality, or light, "raw", and unrefined.

Back