Anyone installed door cup guards/PPF?

bitbanger

:
2019 White CX-5 Touring + Preferred
Hi all -

I'm looking for a first-hand brand recommendation for paint protective films for the door handle cup areas. This would be for a 2019. I know there are universals out there - any that worked OK for you?

Thanks!
Jamie

FYI on my white 2016, the dealer had already put on 3M paint protection film on various areas of the car, including the exterior door cups, before I bought it. The film on the hood definitely helped protect the paint against stone and other road debris damage, but I grew to hate the door cup films. Dirt quickly built up around the edges of the film, and eventually the film also yellowed...both of which made the film highly visible. Perhaps the door cup film was a different material and not all such films yellow, since the hood/front film never discolored, but just wanted to mention this to you as a consideration since that was also a white vehicle.

Didn't do it myself, but have had it done on many cars during paint protection film applications.
The factory XPel location does the installations for me (including on my 30th Anniversary Miata that's there as I write this).
Door cups were done on all cars; including a few white vehicles and I've never had a yellowing issue.
Additionally, I keep my cars very clean, so no issue with dirt building up around the film edges.

Didn't do it myself, but have had it done on many cars during paint protection film applications.
The factory XPel location does the installations for me (including on my 30th Anniversary Miata that's there as I write this).
Door cups were done on all cars; including a few white vehicles and I've never had a yellowing issue.
Additionally, I keep my cars very clean, so no issue with dirt building up around the film edges.

I also had Xpel professionally installed which included door cups. Soul Red.

Has Xpel completely prevented chips for you guys?

Has Xpel completely prevented chips for you guys?

Over many years on multiple protected cars, I*ve not had any paint chips on areas protected by XPel.
I have had strikes of large debris that permanently damaged or tore the film ... strikes that surely would have knocked large chips out of the paint and dented the surface.
My installer warrants and replaces damaged film for 10 years ... hence my willingness to pay the premium for leaving my 30 AE Miata this morning with the local XPel installer for film application.
Fortunately, most film damage is minor and easily rectified by leaving the car in direct sunlight or otherwise applying heat via a hair dryer or hot water.

Back