2019 Signature - Rear seat (driver's side) wobble/jostle

:
2019 Mazda CX-5 Signature (Machine Gray)
Not sure how else to describe it.

Basically I decided to sit behind the driver's side to check leg room and the seat jostles a bit when applying pressure (sitting) back. When I lean forward and back again I can hear a noise and feel it move slightly. The noise sounds hollow (and kind of cheap sounding/feeling).

I put the seat down and back and even reclined it to see if it would go away. No dice.

Anyone else experiencing this? Any known cause or thoughts on a resolution?

Im also not sure if I should wait for my first oil change or take it in sooner since I want it covered under warranty and not blamed on me for abuse or something if I wait too long.

Mine did that it*s just moving in the top mount a bit where it*s adjust the back rest. Nothing I could do mind you mine was a rattle fest inside lol.

Mine feels solid and without any movement, in both the upright and inclined positions. So, something's off with yours it seems. Did you try releasing down all three back seat sections and putting them back into the upright position? Maybe a misalignment or something isn't allowing that side to seat properly into the latches. Try just raising that rear driver's side seat with the other seatbacks down, firmly place it, and see if that makes any difference.

Mine feels solid and without any movement, in both the upright and inclined positions. So, something's off with yours it seems. Did you try releasing down all three back seat sections and putting them back into the upright position? Maybe a misalignment or something isn't allowing that side to seat properly into the latches. Try just raising that rear driver's side seat with the other seatbacks down, firmly place it, and see if that makes any difference.

Good advice, I will try this, thanks!

Mine does the same thing even after doing what RLCarrington suggested above. I took it to the dealer yesterday for the SSPC2 power hatch module recall and they looked at it. There's no provision to adjust the latch and they tried 3 other CX-5 and they all did the same thing. Contrary to other vehicles I had with a similar problem, there's no rattle when driving so I'm not worried as no one sits in the back!

Back