BC Racing BR Series Extreme pics (Hello)

Hi guys,

I'm a casual lurker on here and used to be huge in the Mazda scene when I was with my Spicy Mazdaspeed Protege.
Took a tour and now I'm with a Mazda5 that unfortunately suffered some blown struts and the stealership wanted a fortune to repair.

I decided to order some BC Racing BR Series Extreme Low coilovers instead and I am preeety happy with the results! (nana)
Didn't adjust them yet but alerady satisfied. Rides harsh but tight and sits nice.

Anyone have experience with these? Thoughts?

Pic
cnmnWGP.jpg

Hey! If you were anywhere near, I would drive over to shake your hand for that writeup. I don't think I would have even attempted this install by myself without your detailed documentation as a reference. I would have lost my mind on the first bolt that didn't break free! haha so, thank you so much for that post.

The Extreme Low is a custom order and it's basically a 1-2" overall shorter kit. I think BC quotes the regular kits as 1" - 2.5" drop and the extreme kits as 2"-4" overall.

How did you set yours? I haven't tinkered with it whatsoever. My body is still very sore from trying to get the knuckles on/off lol.

If you have FB, join the Mazda 5 Owners Group. More action on there than here, regarding mz5's in general.

Good choice. My SLK has BC Racing as well, I thought it was harsh until I do adjustment bit by bit and now it is super balanced between comfort and handling.

I just came home from a Mazda 5 owner car meeting tonight. There are different 5 with TEIN Street Advance, TEIN Street Advance Z, RGR, AGT, BC racing etc....seems like AGT and BC racing are great choice for this car.

If you have FB, join the Mazda 5 Owners Group. More action on there than here, regarding mz5's in general.

Awesome! I put in a request to join :)

I'm really happy with how the car sits and I haven't even tinkered with the ride hight yet. I did however go 0 soft and then click up up 15 clicks to a medium stiffness and it's 100x better. I think it was at max stiffness when I first test drove it so the wheels were coming off the ground when I hit any kind of tiny bump lol

Hey! If you were anywhere near, I would drive over to shake your hand for that writeup. I don't think I would have even attempted this install by myself without your detailed documentation as a reference. I would have lost my mind on the first bolt that didn't break free! haha so, thank you so much for that post.

The Extreme Low is a custom order and it's basically a 1-2" overall shorter kit. I think BC quotes the regular kits as 1" - 2.5" drop and the extreme kits as 2"-4" overall.

How did you set yours? I haven't tinkered with it whatsoever. My body is still very sore from trying to get the knuckles on/off lol.

I honestly don't remember- but I may have the settings in my car maintenance app. I'll dig through the history and then post back. As far as height, I just went for even wheel gap- which I think was about 1 1/4" down in the front and 1 3/4" down in the back.

And you're welcome for the writeup! I just figured that if you were asking the questions in the first post, then you hadn't seen that install thread.

Hmm will have to look so I can sell all my parts more easily. ;)

Back