Dash protectant

Is aerospace 303 still about the best for protecting the dash from uv?

Is aerospace 303 still about the best for protecting the dash from uv?

I don't know if it's the "best," but it works great on my CX-9. It really brings out the Chroma Brown colour without making it look shiny/glossy and "fake". I also used 303 on the dash of my 2008 IS250 and it did the same thing, made the black dash look clean and new with no added glossy look. There's no residue and no offgassing from the 303 either, as long as it's applied correctly. I spray 6-8 times onto a microfiber, then wipe down the dash. Then I grab a clean, dry microfiber and go over the dash again, wiping it until it's dry to the touch.

I also use 303 Aerospace Protectant on my tires. I apply it the same way as the dash to get a nice satin black look, but apparently you can get a glossy black look if you spray on the 303 directly, wipe dry, wait 20 mins, then spray 303 again and wipe dry again.

EDIT: The earlier years of the 2nd gen IS250 also had issues with the dashboards "melting" due to UV exposure, and I believe a recall was issued for this problem. Many owners who were waiting to have the recall work (dash replacement) done found that applying 303 Aerospace Protectant either prevented the problem from happening, or it stopped it from getting any worse. That alone says a lot about the UV protection in 303.

Last edited:
My dash and interior looks ok using Turtle Wax dash and glass cleaner. It*s probably not as good as the 303 but it works for my daily driver. Matte finish, not the ArmorAll high gloss sheen. Smells nice. Coworkers constantly complement the *new car smell* in my 2013 CX5.

I'm loving the 303 for my GT-R dash. I spray it on a microfiber cloth then wipe it down, and go over with a dry one if there was any streaking.
In my opinion it makes the black look ever so slightly darker, and gives a nice satin sheen, almost matte. I haven't had mine very long but I heard great things which is why I got it

Oops, forgot to mention that I also use 303 on the black plastic exterior trim. Works great (again, as long as you buff it so that it is dry to the touch).

I'm loving the 303 for my GT-R dash. I spray it on a microfiber cloth then wipe it down, and go over with a dry one if there was any streaking.
In my opinion it makes the black look ever so slightly darker, and gives a nice satin sheen, almost matte. I haven't had mine very long but I heard great things which is why I got it

Oops, forgot to mention that I also use 303 on the black plastic exterior trim. Works great (again, as long as you buff it so that it is dry to the touch).

303 is good stuff with good longevity in protection. Application is kinda weird. You can't spray on directly or else some sections are more intense than others. I may have to use a small foam applicator in the future. Using MF towels but you have to wipe it on quick while wet. Stuff penetrates super quick.

That's good to know. I've hesitated to put anything on mine because it's not a hard vinyl.

That's good to know. I've hesitated to put anything on mine because it's not a hard vinyl.

I'm by no means an expert, but first came across 303 looking for what I could use on the dash specifically, and it was recommended by some that have used it for years. So far so good!

+ 1 on the 303 Aerospace protectant. I have been using it on my cars for about 15 years now with excellent results. As others have mentioned, do not spray it directly on surfaces but onto a folded microfiber towel or foam applicator pad. Cheap kitchen sponges cut into smaller pieces work well too. Rub in, let sit for a minute and buff off the excess with a clean towel. I like to use those inexpensive foam paint brushes to get into tight areas like where the dash meets the windshield and other places. It is also good to apply to all rubber seals like around the hatch and doors every few months.
I recently got a few small scratches on the inside of the rear hatch plastic from unsecured object sliding around, I applied some 303 and they all but disappeared. Good stuff.

Anyone know where to get the 303 protectant in Canada?

I looked in Amazon and it was bloody expensive.. like over 100$. LOL

Thanks!

Anyone know where to get the 303 protectant in Canada?

I looked in Amazon and it was bloody expensive.. like over 100$. LOL

Thanks!

Walmart carries it here in the states and is around $13 per bottle, maybe Canada Walmarts carry it too.

Amazon has 303 at a good price. I just used up the last of my 303 on my truck. She's beautiful again. The CX is next.

Back