CX5 wont unlock or start

K-Lat

The other day I went to get in my 2013 cx5 and the key fob wouldnt unlock the doors. So i used the key to get in. Then i put my foot on the brake pedal and nothing. Wont go into accessories or anything. The green key comes on in the dash and the button turns green but when you press the button it all goes away. Then i noticed i could not unlock the doors from inside but it would lock it. Let it sit for a couple days before i could get a chance to look at it and then the battery went completely dead. I replaced the battery in the key fob, and new battery in the cx5, still nothing. So its also draining the battery somewhere. Anyone ever experience this before?

Thanks

Had it happen in my 2016 CX-5 once after sitting 4 days in the garage. Had forgotten to turn off the radar detector and it completely drained the battery.

this is a very worrisome issue in an SUV - what if you were stranded in a remote area or trailhead for weeks??

this is a very worrisome issue in an SUV - what if you were stranded in a remote area or trailhead for weeks??

Use your cellphone to call park authorities or local police. They pick you up, you arrange for a tow (or you do research/troubleshoot the issue like OP did). Same as you'd do for any other car that might leave you stranded.

Use your cellphone to call park authorities or local police. They pick you up, you arrange for a tow (or you do research/troubleshoot the issue like OP did). Same as you'd do for any other car that might leave you stranded.

Except that many remote areas don't have cell service.(attn)

Does anybody know if the .9 APR will be available after July 31st? Are they going offer that again?

Back