DIY windshield replacement

I'm gunna call a couple more places, if I can get then to do it for 200 then I'm gunna just have them do it. So far I've been quoted about 300 to 350, I just can't justify spending that much. I've put the bare minimum into this car, the most I've spent on 1 part was like 140 for the intake. I got a bunch of spare parts for free with that too, thanks JackieChan [emoji106]

By all means, shop around. 200$ is pretty much going rate for most common cars.

I agree, it's not worth DIYing. You'll spend close to the extra hundred bucks on urethane, tools, etc. And if you screw it up and break the windshield, sucks to be you.

My dad used to say "If it ain't broke don't fix it !!"

I'd say "Don't worry, I'm sure I'll break something while I try to fix it !!"

I tend to learn stuff the hard way.

My dad used to say "If it ain't broke don't fix it !!"

I'd say "Don't worry, I'm sure I'll break something while I try to fix it !!"

I tend to learn stuff the hard way.
Sounds a lot like me and my grandpa in his shop haha lots of busted knuckles and lots of trips to the parts store

My closest parts store is about a half hour away. So I'm the type to take everything apart to truly diagnose exactly what's wrong and what I'm going to need, so I can get all the parts at once and get it done. It's a lot more efficient to work that way, rather than just guess and either have extra stuff, nor not enough stuff. Actually takes longer that way.

Back