CX-5 Refresh

I*ve already purchased 3 new CX-5s. I can*t wait to see the CX-30 in person and test out all of the new tech.

I heard they launched the reveal of the Skyactiv-X CX-30 out there in Germany. That Engine cover looks....pretty aggressive.

My sales associate also wasnt optimistic about the new 3s infotainment system making it to the current CX-5.

This is my guess on a refresh:
Most or all of the new features on the Mazda 3 will make it to the refresh for the 2020 CX5. The 2021 model will have little to no changes and an all new 2022 CX5 will come out early 2021 (March or April). The new 2022 CX-5 model will definitely have everything the new Mazda 3 has.
I have a few wishes that Mazda should really consider for the next CX-5.
Please don't make it much larger! I have a feeling it will increase in size a little but please, Mazda, use restraint!

Please drop the cylinder-deactivation tech. I'm so glad I bought a '17 CX-5 GT AWD before this problematic tech was added. Now Mazda is dealing with a recall that added minuscule return on MPG. A smarter route would have been engine-stop-start. Easier to implement and more reliable.

I haven't been in the new Mazda 3 but from what I've seen the tech inside is much better. Please keep the tech as good or better than the Mazda 3.

Please keep the turbo as an option. Again, I'm glad I bought my '17 CX-5 before the turbo was available. And please don't penalize me with a turbo to have a high trim level. Sure, what I currently have isn't as powerful but I've seen amazing MPG in the 30-33 range on long trips.

I'm not sure what Mazda can do about the value proposition. Maybe a better warranty. I just compared the value of my loaded '17 CX-5 to a loaded (Touring) Honda CRV. My CX-5 is worth a full 3K less than the CRV. Very disappointing.

So much talk about MPG..am I the only one who couldn't care less between 30 MPG or 25? At 12k miles a year, it's a little over $200 more a year. Yes, give me the turbo all day long.
Obviously those that put a lot more miles on the car would care more.

So much talk about MPG..am I the only one who couldn't care less between 30 MPG or 25?

You are not alone. I haven't cared about mpg's since.....never.
Heck, I drive a 17 year old Pathfinder that gets 3 miles to the gallon. Don't care.

how does the Infotainment in the Mazda3 differ from the current CX5 GT-R?

from the Mazda website it seems the same

Back