2013~2016 Lowered springs for 2016.5 GT

ufoguy100

:
2016.5 CX-5 GT
Hey guys, I joined the forum today so apologies in advance if my formatting sucks or I'm asking questions that've been asked before, but I couldn't find a real answer for this from searching other threads.

I've been looking into lowered coil springs for my CX-5 mostly just for aesthetics. I've read that some springs from the common Mazda aftermarket brands are too stiff, or will drop the car too much and cause it to bottom out (particularly from Corksport). So, I found the Megan Racing 2"x1.8" springs that I think would work for what I want. The website says that they are intended for off-road use, but I'm guessing that is probably a liability statement.

I just wanted to see if any of you think that these would lower the car too much and cause it to bottom out, or if the springs are too stiff and would make the ride uncomfortable. Around where I live there are several roads that are full of ~2" deep potholes, so I don't want to run the risk of scraping my car if it bottoms out. I don't currently park on a driveway, so going up and down them is not a huge issue, but in my suburb, there are dozens of different shaped speed bumps.

Thank you in advance to whoever can help me figure this out.

EDIT: Link to springs: https://www.carid.com/megan-racing/front-and-rear-lowering-coil-springs-mpn-mr-ls-mcx13.html?singleid=1366966159&url=81122460#warranty

Seeing how the cx5 is already kind of stiff, I'd stick with H&R or Eibach. I have H&R and they're pretty close to stock stiffness... but of course they're not as low as corksport. I think that without going to coilovers you will get just get a more stiff ride the lower the aftermarket springs say they are.

Back