Music Thread

I'm in IT, brother. I know what I'm doing. Of course I have backups. The main copies are on a RAIDed USB drive so technically there are 2 copies right there.
An entire copy on my phone.
The odds of losing all that at once are miniscule.
In addition, another copy on my free 50gb Box cloud account.
All good. [emoji106]

Thats good to hear. It's surprising the amount of people who use their pc as their sole storage. They think that data corruption will never happen to them...... until it happens.

I'm in IT, brother. I know what I'm doing. Of course I have backups. The main copies are on a RAIDed USB drive so technically there are 2 copies right there.
An entire copy on my phone.
The odds of losing all that at once are miniscule.
In addition, another copy on my free 50gb Box cloud account.
All good. [emoji106]

IT here too. What do you do?

I am going to offer them for free to my Facebook friends.
100-150
If they don't want them I will donate them to a local used CD\Record\DVD shop that we still have in town.
I will do everything I can to keep them out of the landfill.

Please, spare me the legality issue that I shouldn't keep the digital copies if I no longer keep the discs. Not specifically talking to you Conrad. There's always one guy that has to bring it up. :D

Believe me, I don't have any issues with what you're doing as I've done the same thing. I would recommend keeping those CDs in case something happens to the digital copies though. With that size of a CD collection they don't take up that much space.

I initially burned a few of my CD's in FLAC format and then transferred the files onto a USB stick to play in my new 2019 CX 5. The system in the car did not recognize the FLAC files. I tried again using .wav format and it reads the files just fine now with menus and album art, etc showing up on the screen. But the Bose system sounds like crap.

Did I do something wrong with the FLAC files ? The USB sticks are San Disk USB 2.0 16 GB flash drives. I used the EAC (Exact Audio Copy) software to burn both formats.

I'm in IT, brother. I know what I'm doing. Of course I have backups. [emoji106]

IT here too. What do you do?

I'm trying to get into IT.....trying to get an IT intern job that is. Trying to get into something related to SQL, SAS, Python, and VB.

I've got a Kid folder in my phone I stream via Bluetooth for when my daughter rides with me. I got Kidz Bop!!!, Original Aladdin soundtrack, Disney stuff, ect.

I'm trying to get into IT.....trying to get an IT intern job that is. Trying to get into something related to SQL, SAS, Python, and VB.

I've got a Kid folder in my phone I stream via Bluetooth for when my daughter rides with me. I got Kidz Bop!!!, Original Aladdin soundtrack, Disney stuff, ect.
I used to do sys admin stuff, then got into SCM (software config mgmt) and deployment/release for a while, now doing release management which means I don't really do anything too technical anymore.

I used to do sys admin stuff, then got into SCM (software config mgmt) and deployment/release for a while, now doing release management which means I don't really do anything too technical anymore.

Man, I might as well look for a Management Intern role. I do have a process management background anyways in conjunction to my Computer Science BA degree I got last month.

Man, I might as well look for a Management Intern role. I do have a process management background anyways in conjunction to my Computer Science BA degree I got last month.
Process management can certainly look into IT Service Management roles. Change management, release, problem, etc.

IT Manager at an accounting firm. Also the only IT person.
I do everything. And I love it.

Back