Valve clearance?

:
Mazda cx-9 2008
Has anyone of you adjusted valve clearance? My cx-9 works evenly, quietly. How do you know that such regulation is needed?

Has no one from the forum checked the valve clearance? The valves are regulated by glasse

Last edited:
If you’re talking about the current generation with the 2.5t, valve clearance is maintained by a hydraulic gizmo and there is no maintenance required.

- Mark

The V6 has solid "bucket" lifters and they are not adjustable. There is a clearance listed in the service manual for the intake and exhaust valves which can be checked using feeler gages. If anything is out of tolerance you have to replace the bucket assembly with one of a different length (there are many different lengths available in the parts catalog).

There is no recommended service interval for these parts. If you are noticing valve train noise, you could inspect the clearances.

The engine runs quietly and well. the problem is that the valve clearance in this engine is getting smaller and you can't hear it. the valve gets tight and burns out the heads. It's dangerous. The play is getting smaller and you won't hear it. I'm 180,000 miles and maybe it's not bad but it's worth checking.

I have seen zero posts on this forum about burned valves on the 3.7 engine. I've also never read anything about this issue in Ford vehicles that use the 3.5 liter version. Where did you get this information?

The Ford service technician says that the valve clearance should be checked after 250,000 km. It is mainly about exhaust valves. By the way, I wonder how many kilometers our v6 duratec does. I hope that the mileage of 500,000 km can be done.

My mechanic, a good friend who has an LPG installation service, says that when the valves get tight, the vacuum grows upwards.

Back