Headlight Customization Ideas

:
2003 Mazda Protege5, manual
Hey guys, got my first Mazda a week ago. So glad I decided to go with a 2003 5speed P5! But there's a wee problem I'd like to address. 16y/o headlight lenses are fogged and ugly. Did some PlastX on em, but of course that only helps so much. I know there's always the option to swap out for some new ones, but the easiest ones to find for the low are for the Sedan Protege's which would require a swap of the headlight harness and yadda yadda yadda. I dig the separate low and high beam headlights, so if I could keep them, that'd be cool.

So I'm curious, if I were to try to change out the lenses (not the whole housing, but just the clear plastic lenses), would they have to be for a P5, or are the regular sedan lenses the same shape and everything?

Thanks for any input!

Well I'm about 90% sure the sedans will fit because there's no modification's needed for them to sit on the P5, but there might be little things about the housing that may not work. Nobody has done it. They either replaced the whole housing or did the swap. It's up to you to let us know.

I'd guess they are about the same shape etc. I have sedan headlights in my P5, I just didn't swap the harness out etc. so I just don't have high beams lol.

Welcome to the forum!

Cool! Thanks for the vote of confidence boiz. Gonna wait for some money to build up, then I'll have a step by step put together and ready to post, assuming our combined powers of assumption are right. Lol if not, I'll make sure to tell ya

Last edited:
Back