TPMS light came on and sound heard briefly! No TPMS?

:
mazda
I first started the car around 2pm and it was 75 Fahrenheit

As I drove through the driveway, I heard beeping sound and the TPMS light came on - then all stopped. I had driven 100miles already. I do not think that I have TPMS from factory - 2013 Sport.

What is going on?

Do these car come with a TPMS system from factory? The valve stem looks like it does not have one. But the dealer lady says it has based on the VIN.

Last edited:
I think USA cars came with TPMS from 2010 or so..
Just check your tire pressure. Also with age, batteries in them die and require replacement.

Anyone can shed the battery spec or model # or links?

Whole TPMS unit needs to be replaced. I'd go to Costco if you have membership, they seem to do it for cheap.
Or just wait till when you need to replace tires anyway, nothing wrong with checking tire pressure manually.
This is a dealer only service item, as tires need to be removed and re-installed and balanced and computer needs to be programmed with new sensors.

Whole TPMS unit needs to be replaced. I'd go to Costco if you have membership, they seem to do it for cheap.
Are u saying the beep and light was to let me know it died?
Where is the "Whole TPMS unit" located - not on tire stem?

This is a dealer only service item, as tires need to be removed and re-installed and balanced and computer needs to be programmed with new sensors.
If it is dealer service item, why are u suggesting to go to Costco - I never had a TPMS previously?

Hi,
Im not sure where you are located.
In USA, your car would have it in 2013, in Canada it most likely had it in 2013, other locations I'm not sure.

Light comes on when your tire pressure is low, also when it looses communication with sensors and they need to be replaced.
Costco is a tire dealer, I mean dealer as in a repair shop, not a home service item, unless you have TPMS scanner.
A good tire shop will have a TPMS scanner and should be able to diagnose if the sensors inside tires need replacement.

TPMS sender is located inside the tire, the tire needs to be removed to gain access for the replacement, receiver is in the car and exact location of it im not sure.

Last edited:
Thanks @Vasy - you are an awesome contributor.
I am in USA. The lights are not on now - it was a brief event.

Back